Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

multiple replies to Outlook calendar invite

I remember seeing this issue a long time ago, but it has come back. When my user accepts an invite from an external sender, our mail system continually sends replies accepting the invite. Does anyone know of a workaround to fix this? The last two invites that triggered this were created using Outlook. We are on 14.0.2 build 122818.

thanks for your help.
Herbert Chun
Labels (1)
0 Likes
13 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: multiple replies to Outlook calendar invite

Hi Herbert,

You might find the "looping" item sitting in your GWIA queue. Shut down your GWIA. Copy the contents of your SEND queue to a different location. Start your GWIA and move the items you copied out, one at a time, back into the SEND queue. When you find one that triggers this looping you've found the offending item - delete it.

Your GroupWise system is very out dated. The latest build is 126868.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi, Laura:
My send folder is clear. 😞
Also, when I go to the customer center and look at the downloads/patches, the last one for GW2014 sp2 is July 2015. I'm NOT on R2. I did get a FTF from support but don't see any newer betas or ftf releases on the support site.
cheers,
Herbert
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Herbert,

Do you know how often this duplicate response is being sent i.e. what is the time interval?

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

laurabuckley;2457545 wrote:
Hi Herbert,

Do you know how often this duplicate response is being sent i.e. what is the time interval?

Cheers,

It's pretty sporadic. I'm looking at the last 48 hours (yes it is still replying) and there is an interval (going backwards) of about 4 hours, 12 hours, 7 minutes, 9 minutes, 6 hours, 3-1/2 hours, 18 hours.

I'm waiting for the event to pass, then I can delete it from the users calendar. There is actually another appointment for the same user doing the same thing now. Both external appointments came from the same external domain, but different users, so I'm assuming that Groupwise doesn't like something in how the appointments are formatted from this external domain.

Thanks for thinking about this.
Herbert
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Herbert,

Check your GWIA DEFER queue.

Please let us know if you find anything there.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi,

One of my users reported the exact same problem so I found this thread.

18.2.0 - Build:135435

An invite was sent to my user 2 weeks ago and she accepted.

Since then between 1 to 4  "Accepted" replies are sent to the original sender every day at random times.

In terms of checking the GWIA queue, am I suppose to check the 'send', 'defer', 'wpcsout' folders in \wpgate\gwia?

I checked these folders and there are just empty subfolders within these folders.

Should I delete/rename any of these and let GWIA recreate them?

Any other troubleshooting methods?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Do the users have an ActiveSync account which they use with some sort of mobile devices? Just a guess, but there are so many badly coded calendar apps around that i wouldn't be surprised if one of them would send an "accept" when changing the notification time. Or due to allowing the accept twice. Or 'cause it resends on every "open" followed by "finish".

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Yes. This user has an iPhone and an iPad synced via GMS 18.2.1.

This is pretty common among my clients.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

As you've already checked the random time intervals between these resends: are there instances which fall into an after-hours timeframe? If so, i'd check the GMS logs to see if it's initiated from there.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

And iPad and iPhone are both up-to-date. Especially for those users who suffer "loops"

Diethmar Rimser
If you like my idea or solution, please show it and click i.e. on "Like"!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I don't have an answer for you but we have the same randomly internally when a Mac user sends out an invite. Never really got to the bottom of it deleting the even usually stops it.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.