Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

new install issues

I am building a test GW14r2 test system.

The server is built with SLES 14sp4. Everything "looks ok". I can see the PO and MTA are running. There are no errors in the log files.I have created 2 users for testing, the server is not connected to any directory. I can login to the HTTP consoles.

The issue is I can not login into the PO using a GW8 client from my PC. The client says "user not found". Also from my PC I can bring up the HTTP PO or MTA consoles. I can ping the server from my PC. My PC is windows 7.

What did I miss?
Thanks
Phil J.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: new install issues

I missed turning off the firewall on the server.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Phil,

Chuckle - sometimes it is the small things that we miss. Glad that you have it figured out because I was scratching my head hard after reading your initial post 😉

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The flux capacitor does matter in situations like this.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.