Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

one gw system 2 exchange systems

got a problem we have one gw702 system and using the exchange gateway (one per exchange system) to connect to different exchange systems
everything is fine between exchange to groupwise but when users from one exchange system reply to users in the other exchange system says not deliverable
the exchange system is using the gw address format how do i stop this i don't want the exchange systems using the gw gateway to send messages

thanks
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: one gw system 2 exchange systems

Doesn't this work with Internet Addressing ?

Gert

GWCheck.com
GWWare.com
Is Your GroupWise Ready ?

SkypeID\MSN\Yahoo - gwcheck
http://gwcheck.com
GroupWise Ready-alizer

>>> David Brown<BROWNDN@libbey.com> 09/13/07 5:00 pm >>>

got a problem we have one gw702 system and using the exchange gateway (one per exchange system) to connect to different exchange systems
everything is fine between exchange to groupwise but when users from one exchange system reply to users in the other exchange system says not deliverable
the exchange system is using the gw address format how do i stop this i don't want the exchange systems using the gw gateway to send messages

thanks
0 Likes
kjmikich Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: one gw system 2 exchange systems

This seems to be a common issue from many different sides of looking at it.

You want dir sycn and busy search I assume! but you want mail to go to each system via the GWIA rather then the gateway.

If the groupwise system and exchange systems have different Idomain names and the gw system under consoleone Internet addressing does not contain the idomain of the Exchange system then this is relativly easy to do. Just go to the External domain representing the Exchange domain in consoleone / go to properties /Internet address and add an over ride .. I like to add the Internet domain over ride .. click the button on the bottom of the page and type in the Idomain for the Exchange system. This fixes reply formats and also sends mail to Exchange out the GWIA. If you want mail format to be corrected you simply put on the over ride.. If you also want it to go out the gwia you make sure the Idomain name for exchange is not in the C1 Internet addressing. if you have the idomain in Internet addressing GW is going to see it as Internal mail and push it thru the gateway.

you could probably fix this thing in one of two ways.

1) add internet addressing over rides at the external domain on the Idomain and allow it to go thru the gateway but now with a good format
2) do the above and also insure the idomain is not in internet addressing and it will go out the gwia.

If any one of you exchange gurus knows how to set up the exchange side for an additional smtp connector straight to groupwise which will send out exchange smtp then we will have the other side of this fixed. I only know how to set up the groupwise side to send out gwia and or fix reply addresses.

we need an exchange guru to tell us how to set up exchange to get the mail out smtp rather then the gateway.

I know it works just dont know how to configure it

>>> Gert<gert@gwcheck.com> 2007-09-16 2:10 PM >>>

Doesn't this work with Internet Addressing ?

Gert

GWCheck.com
GWWare.com
Is Your GroupWise Ready ?

SkypeID\MSN\Yahoo - gwcheck
http://gwcheck.com
GroupWise Ready-alizer

>>> David Brown<BROWNDN@libbey.com> 09/13/07 5:00 pm >>>

thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.