Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner
2221 views

patching GW 2012 on Linux

It sounds like there are newer builds of GroupWise available than what
I downloaded and installed from the Customer Center. But I can't find
any documentation about how to patch GroupWise 2012. Can someone clue
me in?

Thanks,
Ken
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
Labels (2)
0 Likes
21 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: patching GW 2012 on Linux

What OS version are you on?

Basically you extract the downloaded file
Copy the domain *.DC files to your domain directory
Copy the PO *.DC files to your POA directory
Copy the OFVIEWS files over to your POA directory
Run the setup.exe or ./install.sh
Select components and run the agent install and that will update all agents on that box - I'm talking from Linux experience here, not too sure if it's the same on Windows.

Oh... SP1 hasn't been released yet but should be public soon!

Good luck

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: patching GW 2012 on Linux

On Tue, 28 Aug 2012 19:46:02 GMT, laurabuckley
<laurabuckley@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

>
>What OS version are you on?


OES 11 (SLES SP1)

>Basically you extract the downloaded file
>Copy the domain *.DC files to your domain directory
>Copy the PO *.DC files to your POA directory
>Copy the OFVIEWS files over to your POA directory
>Run the setup.exe or ./install.sh
>Select components and run the agent install and that will update all
>agents on that box - I'm talking from Linux experience here, not too
>sure if it's the same on Windows.
>
>Oh... SP1 hasn't been released yet but should be public soon!


I'm on Build version 98586. A newer build was mentioned on ngwlist,
so I thought I was missing something. But I am wondering if that
person has a newer build direct from NTS to deal with a specific
issue. Is my build version correct?

Regards,
Ken
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
0 Likes
jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: patching GW 2012 on Linux

KeN Etter wrote:

> I'm on Build version 98586. A newer build was mentioned on ngwlist,
> so I thought I was missing something. But I am wondering if that
> person has a newer build direct from NTS to deal with a specific
> issue. Is my build version correct?


That's the shipping 2012 code and is the only publicly available
version. However, if you open an SR you may be able to get your hands
on a newer build.

--
We're your Novell--again. http://www.novell.com/promo/backtobasics.html
Enhancement Requests: http://www.novell.com/rms

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: patching GW 2012 on Linux

Ken,

Are you having any specific problems with your GW2012 environment that is making you want a newer version?

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: patching GW 2012 on Linux

On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 07:06:02 GMT, laurabuckley
<laurabuckley@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

>Are you having any specific problems with your GW2012 environment that
>is making you want a newer version?


Had a post office go dead on me twice and some D131 errors on a couple
of users. Neither of which ever happened with GW8 on Netware. I have
a case open with NTS on the D131 errors. I'll probably wait until SP1
unless things get worse.

Ken
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: patching GW 2012 on Linux

Ken,

D131 Invalid data field [or something like that] has been reported in other posts in these forums on the original shipping code of 2012.
I am part of the SP1 beta test group and personally have not experienced the error on SP1 - might just mean that my environment doesn't have the factors that cause the error.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: patching GW 2012 on Linux

On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 12:56:03 GMT, laurabuckley
<laurabuckley@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

>
>Ken,
>
>D131 Invalid data field [or something like that] has been reported in
>other posts in these forums on the original shipping code of 2012.
>I am part of the SP1 beta test group and personally have not
>experienced the error on SP1 - might just mean that my environment
>doesn't have the factors that cause the error.
>
>Cheers,


Thanks for the info. Hopefully SP1 is available soon.
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: patching GW 2012 on Linux

Hopefully sometime in September. Sorry, but I don't have a firm date for you 😞

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: patching GW 2012 on Linux

laurabuckley wrote:

>
> Hopefully sometime in September. Sorry, but I don't have a firm date
> for you 😞


We're currently targeting mid-September.

--
We're your Novell--again. http://www.novell.com/promo/backtobasics.html
Enhancement Requests: http://www.novell.com/rms

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: patching GW 2012 on Linux

On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 15:38:30 GMT, "Joseph Marton"
<jmarton@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

>laurabuckley wrote:
>
>>
>> Hopefully sometime in September. Sorry, but I don't have a firm date
>> for you 😞

>
>We're currently targeting mid-September.


Ok. I have upgraded all the backend to 2012 except WebAccess. I had
planned to upgrade WebAccess this weekend. Probably do that and then
wait for SP1 before I roll out the new Windows clients.

Thanks,
Ken
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
0 Likes
jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: patching GW 2012 on Linux

KeN Etter wrote:

> Ok. I have upgraded all the backend to 2012 except WebAccess. I had
> planned to upgrade WebAccess this weekend. Probably do that and then
> wait for SP1 before I roll out the new Windows clients.


If you experience any timezone issues with WebAccess users after
upgrading to 2012 WA you'll want to open an SR and get a newer build
rather than waiting for the official SP1 release. 🙂

--
We're your Novell--again. http://www.novell.com/promo/backtobasics.html
Enhancement Requests: http://www.novell.com/rms

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: patching GW 2012 on Linux

On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 16:21:14 GMT, "Joseph Marton"
<jmarton@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

>KeN Etter wrote:
>
>> Ok. I have upgraded all the backend to 2012 except WebAccess. I had
>> planned to upgrade WebAccess this weekend. Probably do that and then
>> wait for SP1 before I roll out the new Windows clients.

>
>If you experience any timezone issues with WebAccess users after
>upgrading to 2012 WA you'll want to open an SR and get a newer build
>rather than waiting for the official SP1 release. 🙂


Thanks...what is the issue with timezones?
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: patching GW 2012 on Linux

What time zone are you in?

We had issues with GMT+2 Harare, Pretoria - before 2012 went live and they were fixed.

I believe some time zones in the USA have problems with things being an hour out - I stand to be corrected.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: patching GW 2012 on Linux

KeN Etter wrote:

> Thanks...what is the issue with timezones?


As Lauro mentioned, you may see everything off by one hour. I've also
heard reports of everything being off by four hours. If you have
anyone who uses the basic interface (e.g. Android users who aren't on
Data Sync), they'll see everything listed as GMT.

--
We're your Novell--again. http://www.novell.com/promo/backtobasics.html
Enhancement Requests: http://www.novell.com/rms

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.