Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

"Maximum Devices Per User" doesn't work

Hello, I've set the Maximum Devices Per User to 1 in the Mobility connector, but users can synchronize 2 devices. It seems to me that the problem came from the 299 version I use. Any ideas? Thanks Olivier
Labels (1)
0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: "Maximum Devices Per User" doesn't work

olidub wrote:

>
> Hello, I've set the Maximum Devices Per User to 1 in the Mobility
> connector, but users can synchronize 2 devices. It seems to me that
> the problem came from the 299 version I use. Any ideas? Thanks
> Olivier

Is this with newly added users or existing users? I believe the change
won't impact existing users.

--
Your world is on the move. http://www.novell.com/mobility/
We know what your world looks like. http://www.novell.com/yourworld/

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Oliver, did you restart the connector after making the change ?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Existing users are impacted, not only the newer.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Just rebooted the server ... always the same problem !
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I found that the setting works unless the device is already registered on the server with another account e.g. I have an account with one device registered. My colleague also has an account with one device registered. In theory neither of us would be able to configure a second device with our accounts. However I can setup my colleagues email account on my device because my device is already registered. Therefore my colleagues account will now show two devices connected.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you for your response, but for me the problem is :I have an account with one device registered and I'm able to configure a second new device with my account, but not all the time.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

olidub;2268274 wrote:
Thank you for your response, but for me the problem is :I have an account with one device registered and I'm able to configure a second new device with my account, but not all the time.

I have the same issue. I set the limit to two devices per user, but one user already registered four devices. The limit doesn't work. I'm on version v1.2.5.4095.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If the user has already 4 devices registered then we do not delete any device. Setting the limit will affect new devices to be added.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

So you saying sometimes it works, sometime now ? never heard that so far.
I suggest to open a Service Request cause the needs the debug logfiles to be inspected.
I did test this with our 2.0 engineering build and was not able to duplicate.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.