Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

"Print attachment with associated application" to remember?

Hi!
https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php/502273-GroupWise-Client-14-2-1-attached-pdf-printing-problem
We noticed that selected "Print attachment with associated application" is not remembered. (Probably this is by design, not sure, though.) Anyway, is somehow possible to keep this setting remembered?
More thanks, Alar.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: "Print attachment with associated application" to rememb

I am pretty sure this is picking up the Windows default application. If you go to Windows Explorer and double click on the file, does your desired application come up? Or do you have to select "Open With...". I would start there and see if that fixes the problem.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi and thanks!
I meant when this print dialog opened and, as we know, pdf print directly does not work on some pdf's, we need to select "Print attachment with associated application". And it does work ok, I mean, associated application opened etc., but next time user could miss this selection (to make) and ... get empty pages and waste time and paper etc. So, would be nice when this selection (once selected) keep selected until user does unselect it.
Alar.
0 Likes
Highlighted

I'm not aware of anything. Sounds like it'd be a good idea for the Ideas portal - https://ideas.microfocus.com/mfi/novell-gw
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Alar,

Further to what has been said already I recommend that you open a Service Request and reference defect #1020692 as it sounds suspiciously the same (PDF's not printing correctly under certain circumstances)

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.