Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

quota reportList of Quota and mailbox size

Hi we are running groupwise 18.1 on SLES 11SP4.

This weekend some job caused a lot of trouble. The quota of all users have changed - or the
size of the mailbox. So a lot of users can not use there mailboxes, because they are over quota!

1) How can we generate a list containing the mailbox size and the quota as csv ?
 (I only found an article selecting users according to their mailbox size, but the report does not contain the size ...)

2) Can the quota be set using a script ?

Bye,

Peer

Labels (1)
0 Likes
11 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: quota reportList of Quota and mailbox size

So we find the reason: Somehow starting with 2018.1 documents are also counted.

Users with some documents in groupwise are now p** of*.

However we still did not find any way to create a quota report - I can not believe this!

Shall we check ~460 users by hand... ?!??

Bye,
   Peer

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi,

yes I noticed it. It's nice to get a mailbox size report. But how to add over/under quota ?
Mailbox size without quota is useless (more or less) ...
Bye,
   Peer

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hello,

I tested this reportList via Admin-Console:

you had to write directly behind the "mailboxSizeMb"...

f.e. "mailboxSizeMb>500" --> the list contains the user with a PO bigger than 500 MB

In the CSV there's no exact size of the PO, only the users with over 500 MB - so you had to "play" with the size...

Grettings and stay healthy

Markus

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@pekohki 

Micro Focus have an application called GroupWise Mailbox Management which can produce a comprehensive report on each user's Disk Space Management.  This product is available either as  a standalone purchase or, if you have enterprise messaging it's included.

Cheers,

Laura

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi Laura,

you mean I have to pay for an extra product to get quota information ?

That sounds for me like an office solution where you can save files, but for printing you have
to buy an addon product.

Groupwise is able to handle quotas (more or less). Then it is necessary not only to set a value,
but to be able to monitor this value. How should I administrate such a system ?

Sorry, but this is neither a solution nor a work around.

Bye,
  Peer

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Peer,

We are definitely not insinuating you buy an add on product to achieve what you need.

I take it you do not have Enterprise Messaging?

I am sure PM would be able to shed more light on this request.

Regards

Tarik

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Maybe I think too simple.

Yes, the admin console can do this for you if you use a filter for 

Rimser_0-1588705520411.png

So you will receive a list of users with large mailboxes. If you export the list the list will tell you the exact size of mailboxes. It is so simple (I think).

Another possibility is to run a gwcheck for mailbox statistics. There is a really old freeware utility analyzing the received gwcheck.log file. Its name is gwmbsize32 - search for it! This utility will deliver what you need (and even more).

Rimser_1-1588706011667.png

Diethmar Rimser
If you like my idea or solution, please show it and click i.e. on "Like"!
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

However if you want to play around with ReST API (a wonderful and powerful possibility) you will get a lot of information too.

See my screenshot below:

Rimser_0-1588708065679.png

You can create and run a job to get all the values.

Diethmar Rimser
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi Diethmar,

I've to check this out. Those are exactly the information I'm looking for!
A plain list of the size of the mailboxes will not help.
A user with 1.5G quota and 1.45G mailbox is more affected then a user with 10G mail and a quota of 15GB.
I have no experience with  ReST, but will have a look at it. Seems to be very promising!
Do you have a link with some docu as a starting point ?

Thanks!
Bye,
  Peer

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi Peer,

if you take my screenshot above you see the exact path to access this information. Of course I have removed my domain and postoffice names.

Some information about Rest-API is here: https://ohmag.net/ask-the-experts-groupwise-30/

and here https://ohmag.net/using-the-groupwise-rest-api-to-batch-import-resources/

If you're member of TTP maybe you can access a session called "GroupWise - Learn To Love ReST-API".

Diethmar Rimser
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.