Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

renaming user

GroupWise 18.0.1
Messenger 18.0.1
ldap sync to edir

User gets married. Change account info and rename eDir and GroupWise. Messenger account is not changed/updated automatically.
User is unable to login. No way to manually change username in Messenger.
Delete account then recreate account.

step by step process:
disassociate GroupWise account from eDir account.
adjust last name in eDir, delete email field
rename eDir account
rename GroupWise account
re-associated GroupWise account with eDir account
create nickname for old email address with 3 month expiration date

there is no place to rename the messenger account.
and an ldap sync does not pickup the account change.

am I wrong in dissociating the GroupWise account from the eDir account before name changes, or will it pick those up automatically?
Labels (1)
12 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Just ran through a quick test in my lab. Created a new GW user - Messenger configured to automatically create user when new GW user is created. I then changed the last name in GW as well as a rename of the GW ID(userID). Following a manual sync from the Messenger LDAP server the last name was changed in Messenger. However, the user object did not change. That's what I expected would happen but I'm not sure that's what I would prefer to have happen. Personally I'd like to see the userID update to match as well. At this point I'd invite you to enter that on the ideas portal and I'll be happy to upvote.

Bert
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.