Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

route.cfg

Hi all,

for faxing purposes we send e-mails from one GWIA to a foreign domain. The domain is in the same network, so i wanted to use the route.cfg file for direct routing. The GWIA is configured with a forwarding host (the spam-filter). When I send an e-mail from the GroupWise client to the fax-server, the GWIA picks up the e-mail, but instead sending directly to the ip-address in the route.cfg, it sends to the forwarding host and the e-mail is moved to the quarantine.

Has anyone an idea to manage this ? Is it necessary to configure the fax-system additionally as a external non-Groupwise domain in our Groupwise system ?

Thank you for any hints
Joachim
Labels (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: route.cfg

Hi Joachim,

In your route.cfg file please ensure that you have a "return" after the entry in the file i.e. press enter and create a new, blank, line.

Without this the route.cfg won't work.

Please let us know how it goes 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Laura,

thank you, but the "return" exists. Anyway, I deleted all other entries, only one entry left, put the "return" in and tested again with the same wrong result.

Joachim
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Joachim,

Is the IP address that is specified enclosed in square brackets e.g. hostname [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] ?

Please let us know 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Laura,

yes, it looks like your example and not to forget I restarted the GWIA after changes in the route.cfg.

Joachim
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Joachim,

I know that I am being painful here, but please double check that you have done everything as per this document:

https://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise2014r2/gw2014_guide_admin/data/adm_gwia_inet_smtp_route_config.html

If you still don't come right then you may need to contact Novell for support.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Laura,

OK, will check this, but I think I'll need the Novell support.

Many thanks again
Joachim
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Joachim,

I've sent you a route.cfg file via private message. We'll post back here if it works. I suspect it's formatting or the application used to create the file.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi all,

Laura found an error in the route.cfg file. When I use her corrected file, the routing works. Problem solved.

Joachim
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.