Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

running multiple indexers

Have a user with about 500K messages. Searches in his mail are slow, and I've been doing complete rebuild of his indexes. Then the searches are fine for about a week, then slow down again. If I create another instance of a POA dedicated to just indexing his mail box, will that conflict with running the current indexing? Currently running the indexing every three hours and have the indexing level set to "unlimited" (GW 12.0.1-103731). No DMS in GW.
thanks
Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: running multiple indexers

* hchun,

increase the indexer intervals, for starters. Check the POA logs in verbose mode to see if it gets to an end at all. While 500k is a lot, it should be feasible. I don't believe in indexing POAs 😉

Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: running multiple indexers

I'll increase the intervals to six hours and switch to verbose mode as suggested. Let you know what I find.
cheers,
Herbert

buckesfeld;2255824 wrote:
* hchun,

increase the indexer intervals, for starters. Check the POA logs in verbose mode to see if it gets to an end at all. While 500k is a lot, it should be feasible. I don't believe in indexing POAs 😉

Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.