Highlighted
Herman1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

shared mailboxes from many users

Hi,

How many mailboxes can you share with 1 user?
When i share 1 mailbox from userZ to userA there is no problem, when i share a second mailbox from userY to userA then i receive a message that the "mailbox is alredy shared". When i share a map from userY and userZ to userA then there is no problem.
So, maps from several users can be shared to 1 user, but how many "mailboxes" (the default incomming map) can be shared to 1 user?

Thanks

Herman

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: shared mailboxes from many users

On 4/4/2011 2:36 AM, Herman wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> How many mailboxes can you share with 1 user?

I assume you mean FOLDERs? You cannot SHARE mailboxes per se.

> When i share 1 mailbox from userZ to userA there is no problem, when i
> share a second mailbox from userY to userA then i receive a message
> that the "mailbox is alredy shared". When i share a map from userY and
> userZ to userA then there is no problem.
> So, maps from several users can be shared to 1 user, but how many
> "mailboxes" (the default incomming map) can be shared to 1 user?

infinite. Please describe what you are doing. With shared folders, you
should only be given that message if and only if that folder has been
already shared with that user.
>
> Thanks
>
> Herman
>
>

0 Likes
sunnywood
New Member.

Yes, you sure can share mailbox, and we have the same problem with sharing mailboxes from multiple users to one particular user.
0 Likes
sunnywood
New Member.

My apology. I believe the misunderstanding is that in the "strictest definition" of mailbox, it cannot be shared. A mailbox is the database that holds all the items such as InBox, Sent Items, Calendar, Tasks etc for a GroupWise user.
Herman and I should say that we are trying to share "InBox" folders from multiple users to one single user.
And the problem is that it seems we can only share one InBox from one user to another single user. Sharing more than one InBox to the same user will result in an error message stated by Herman.

I believe we have figured out a work around (will test it out tomorrow), and that is to create a new folder in the user account that we wish to create a share. We will name it uniquely. Then we will create a rule to move automatically all incoming messages to that new folder. Create a share to that new folder. Then repeat the action on other users that we wish to create shares.
All these shares will be given to a single user.
If the error is caused by name mapping, then this should solve it.
0 Likes
Herman1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

sunnywood;2093420 wrote:
My apology. I believe the misunderstanding is that in the "strictest definition" of mailbox, it cannot be shared. A mailbox is the database that holds all the items such as InBox, Sent Items, Calendar, Tasks etc for a GroupWise user.
Herman and I should say that we are trying to share "InBox" folders from multiple users to one single user.
And the problem is that it seems we can only share one InBox from one user to another single user. Sharing more than one InBox to the same user will result in an error message stated by Herman.

I believe we have figured out a work around (will test it out tomorrow), and that is to create a new folder in the user account that we wish to create a share. We will name it uniquely. Then we will create a rule to move automatically all incoming messages to that new folder. Create a share to that new folder. Then repeat the action on other users that we wish to create shares.
All these shares will be given to a single user.
If the error is caused by name mapping, then this should solve it.

That's what i mean, the "Inbox".
I found also the solution to create a folder per user and share them to 1 user. Creating a rule moving all incomming items to that folder.
This is working.

Herman

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.