ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.

signatureThe new gwweb and signatures

How can I create/edit a personal signature in gwweb?

In the 'old' WebAccess there was a option in the settings. But I miss this in the new UI.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
12 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

It is not available yet.  Please remember that the legacy WebAccess and the new are do not yet have feature parity.  There are still a few things missing from the new release.  Expect them to be added in future releases.

Pam

0 Likes

and again we get a lot of laughter and derision from customers, users and combatants.
Mail without a signature ... this should be the replacement for the Mac-Client ... how is the workflow at No^Net^Micro Focus when creating a mail? Send them w/o 'Best regards' or something like this? Do you add this by hand each time? Is the adding of a signature a large work?

I know that GW is much more better than M$X but this (missing signature) are the issues that are a pain for my customers ...

... sometimes I am tiered ... so we have to wait ...
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

That is why the legacy WebAccess is still there.  The new version is more of a preview rather than meant to be a replacement yet.  We just put it out in the wild so customer can get a look and fell of it.  

Again, is it NOT yet meant to be a full replacement of the legacy WebAccess.  If you are still looking for all of those functions, please use that.

Pam

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Did you read the announcement?  https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Collaboration-Blog/GroupWise-TeamWorks-and-Enterprise-Messaging-18-2-Released-with/ba-p/2705517?utm_campaign=00164963  It states: "This new GroupWise Web will replace GroupWise Web Access in the next release of GroupWise."  It is not meant to be a replacement just yet.  They are making it available for you to try out.  You have the option of using either one.  If your users won't like it yet, don't make it available and instead wait until it is fully featured.  But I appreciate that they are giving us these previews...especially since this is a new delivery using docker.  Gives us something to work with to prepare.

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements in the Idea Exchange forums!
Don't forget to Like helpful posts and mark Solutions!
0 Likes

As I wrote we have to wait. But we need this small add-on as fast as possibly.
(It seems that some Mac-Users are happy with the new UI. So we hope we can please there cant with this new gwweb ...)
0 Likes

Now we are on 18.3, WebAccess is not supported anymore, but GW Web still does not support signatures as it seems. How shall I write an email that complies with company rules without adding my personal signature easily??

Or am I missing something??

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

@FrankLangner 

who told you that WebAccess is not supported?

Diethmar Rimser
This community is more powerful if you use Likes and Solutions
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@Rimser 

Hi Diethmar,

As per the ReadMe:  https://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise18/gw18_readme/data/gw18_readme.html#gw183

Support for WebAccess was discontinued in GroupWise 18.3

Cheers,

Laura

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Yes, I know. There is no WebAccess 18.3.

But WebAcess 18.2.1 will work with GW18.3. And if there is problem, then I assume you will support us in good will 😄

Diethmar Rimser
This community is more powerful if you use Likes and Solutions
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@Rimser 

We can give best effort support however there are no engineering resources for it at all so if the issue is found to be a bug, then there isn't anything we can do

Pam

0 Likes

Or course we can run WebAccess in parallel to Groupwise Web, but it makes no sense that MF is writing "GroupWise WebAccess is not longer supported in 18.3" when on the other hand the new product can not replace the old one. And as long as essential features are missing, it is not ready.

In this case it would have been better to continue calling it a technical preview and continue to support WebAccess until the new product is ready for production. They way they are doing it now is not a good one!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.