Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
JvdMeij Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

sslexception

When I try to generate a custom certificate for a company (GW 18.2) I get the error javax.net.ssl.SSLException: readHandshakeRecord.

When I try to browse the filesystem for a cert it gives me 'Unable to retrieve information from the remote system'

In the gwadmin-service.log I find this:

2019-11-19 19:20:05 GwExceptionMapper [FATAL] javax.net.ssl.SSLException: readHandshakeRecord
javax.ws.rs.ProcessingException: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: readHandshakeRecord

Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: readHandshakeRecord
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readHandshakeRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:1072) ~[?:?]
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:402) ~[?:?]
Suppressed: java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe (Write failed)

Anyone a clue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
NoDau Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: sslexception

Hi,

the only idea I have, is to recreate the ca. 

Norman
BahSIG Bahn-Signalbau GmbH
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@JvdMeij 

Hi,

Kindly explain what you mean by "custom certificate" and also tell us exactly where you are/what you  are doing when you get the error e.g. in the GWAdmin Console on the MTA SSL settings tab, etc.

Thanks.

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
JvdMeij Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hello Laura,

By custom I mean self-signed. At this moment support is looking at it. Even after recreating the CA it is still not possible to create a POA certificate under 'security' in the admin interface.

From the prompt we see that certificates for the domain etc. are in the right folder. When I import the CA certificate for the POA from the commandline it says 'completed' but there is no certificate in the folder.

/opt/novell/groupwise/admin/gwadminutil certinst -db <<path to poa>> -ca ipaddress:9710 -a user -p password

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.