Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

startup file

Some of my remained GW using companies runs GW in a Cluster-Setup since decades. Runs perfect!

But, whats about the startup files? The installations comes from GW8 or earlier and were upgraded every time. But I found that the startup files (*.poa, *.mta, ...) are very old (some I found seems from GW2012 ... in a GW2018 environment) and mostly they does not content the settings which are shown in the GW-AdminUI.

Is there a complete describtion why these startup files are there, what they do, how there will be updated when there are changes at the Admin-UI, and so on?

Labels (3)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: startup file

Where did you find these "old" startup files?

In old GW systems they are located in /opt/novell/groupwise/agents/share but this does not work in cluster environments. The startup files are stored in postoffice and domain directories.

New GW versions are using a cluster approach - startup files will be created in postoffice and domain directories.

The best way to check it, is the file gwha.conf in directory /etc/opt/novell/groupwise ...

Diethmar Rimser
If you like my idea or solution, please show it and click i.e. on "Like"!
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: startup file

In addition to Diethmars suggestions, the "active" startup files can be found using the command gwadminutil services -l and missing startup files can be recreated in the root directory of the domain or post office via the command gwadminutil services -i /path/to/domain/or/post/office

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.