Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

state unknown

Hi all out there,

For a second time I am suffering here a problem related with the state shown by an user. It is sure that she is on line, but her state is shown as unknown. The problem seems to be machine specific and user specific. I mean, only one user sees this in trouble one as unknown. The others see her as on line or off line as she is.

I have tried to edit the contact list through C1, remove/add the user several times, remove the HKEY_CURRENT_USER login entry key, and finally updated to Messenger 2.0 beta. Always the same problem.

Please, any new idea? Thanks!

Best regards,

Ricardo
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.

Re: state unknown

Check to see if the user that is showing as unknown has blocked you;
that is how it will show up with 1.x versions of the product.

Dirk

The PhoenixTN ICT Team wrote:
> Hi all out there,
>
> For a second time I am suffering here a problem related with the state
> shown by an user. It is sure that she is on line, but her state is shown
> as unknown. The problem seems to be machine specific and user specific.
> I mean, only one user sees this in trouble one as unknown. The others
> see her as on line or off line as she is.
>
> I have tried to edit the contact list through C1, remove/add the user
> several times, remove the HKEY_CURRENT_USER login entry key, and finally
> updated to Messenger 2.0 beta. Always the same problem.
>
> Please, any new idea? Thanks!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Ricardo

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Thanks, Dirk.

Even though the user had not blocked me, your answer did the business here: by adding the concerned user the allowed the user can now see without problem the status of the "in troubles" one. The problem seem to arise when two users have the same name in the Contact list. I don't know how or why, but that was what happened here: following your message, until I have added both users to the allowed list, one of them (of the two with the same contact name) was not able to correctly see the status of the user which list I am managing. It is a kind of puzzle, and I am not able to find where could be the key.

I will try to recreate the situation as soon as possible and come back with more information. In the meantime, do you know if this is the right forum to post messages concerning IM 2.0 beta release? Thanks! This could be the first one 🙂

Best regards,

Ricardo
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Messenger 2.0 is now shipping; this forum is the one now being perused
by the development team. Feel free to post here.

Dirk

The PhoenixTN ICT Team wrote:
> I will try to recreate the situation as soon as possible and come back
> with more information. In the meantime, do you know if this is the right
> forum to post messages concerning IM 2.0 beta release? Thanks! This
> could be the first one 🙂
>
> Best regards,
>
> Ricardo

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.