Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

.trashbin folder

Our datasync server ran out of space recently. Cleared up some logs to get it back running for now, but before adding more disk to the server, I noticed that the /var/lib/datasync/mobility/attachments/.trashbin folder is filled with lots of old files that don't seem to be getting cleared out. Is it ok to go in and delete these files manually ? Seems others have this problem also, but did not see if it is ok to delete manually. Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

deborahshields wrote:

>
> Our datasync server ran out of space recently. Cleared up some logs
> to get it back running for now, but before adding more disk to the
> server, I noticed that the
> /var/lib/datasync/mobility/attachments/.trashbin folder is filled
> with lots of old files that don't seem to be getting cleared out. Is
> it ok to go in and delete these files manually ? Seems others have
> this problem also, but did not see if it is ok to delete manually.

What build are you running? The most recent build (and possibly even
earlier ones) should be clearing it out automatically.

--
Novell Knowledge Partner
Enhancement Requests: http://www.novell.com/rms

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Build 579 does not clear out /var/lib/datasync/mobility/attachments/.trashbin but it's safe to do so manually.

Al

On 10/19/2011 at 6:36 AM, Joseph Marton<jmarton@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

deborahshields wrote:

>
> Our datasync server ran out of space recently. Cleared up some logs
> to get it back running for now, but before adding more disk to the
> server, I noticed that the
> /var/lib/datasync/mobility/attachments/.trashbin folder is filled
> with lots of old files that don't seem to be getting cleared out. Is
> it ok to go in and delete these files manually ? Seems others have
> this problem also, but did not see if it is ok to delete manually.

What build are you running? The most recent build (and possibly even
earlier ones) should be clearing it out automatically.

--
Novell Knowledge Partner

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Al Hidalgo wrote:

> Build 579 does not clear out
> /var/lib/datasync/mobility/attachments/.trashbin but it's safe to do
> so manually.

As of build 343 it's supposed to be clearing out during the nightly
maintenance. If you're not seeing this, please open an SR.

--
Novell Knowledge Partner

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I talked to someone and it's a known bug.

Al

On 10/19/2011 at 7:13 AM, Joseph Marton<jmarton@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

Al Hidalgo wrote:

> Build 579 does not clear out
> /var/lib/datasync/mobility/attachments/.trashbin but it's safe to do
> so manually.

As of build 343 it's supposed to be clearing out during the nightly
maintenance. If you're not seeing this, please open an SR.

--
Novell Knowledge Partner

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Al Hidalgo wrote:

> I talked to someone and it's a known bug.

Still good to open an SR. SRs are attached to bugs and the more SRs
attached to a bug the higher priority it gets. Plus, you aren't
charged for SRs when an issue is related to a bug.

--
Novell Knowledge Partner

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the replies. I am not sure of the exact build, I am on the road traveling, but it is a couple releases old. I will have one of my co-workers clean out the folder for now so we can get some breathing room and then update.

We increased the attachment size limit significantly and it went through the free space very quickly.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How about this one?
It's still not fixed, I'm on 579 Path file 1, but 1 have 20 users, and now my .trashbin folder = 2.2G
With thousands of files from the last year. (from the beginning of our datasync installation).

Any news?

deborahshields;2147335 wrote:
Thanks for the replies. I am not sure of the exact build, I am on the road traveling, but it is a couple releases old. I will have one of my co-workers clean out the folder for now so we can get some breathing room and then update.

We increased the attachment size limit significantly and it went through the free space very quickly.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This is something you should keep and eye on. I changed our attachment size on our servers and started eating about 10 GB a week, I just thought it had to do with the database holding on to the attachments. It turned out the system was not able to clear the .trashbin and 85% of our space (170GB) was able to be reclaimed after I deleted everything out of this folder. So if you are running a server with a lot of people with your attachment size increased you may want to keep an eye on this folder and clean it out every now and again.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

romz169;2154416 wrote:
This is something you should keep and eye on. I changed our attachment size on our servers and started eating about 10 GB a week, I just thought it had to do with the database holding on to the attachments. It turned out the system was not able to clear the .trashbin and 85% of our space (170GB) was able to be reclaimed after I deleted everything out of this folder. So if you are running a server with a lot of people with your attachment size increased you may want to keep an eye on this folder and clean it out every now and again.

That is basically what happened to us, although on a slightly smaller scale. We had to turn the attachment size back down until we can get things cleaned up. What is your attachment size set to ? Our server is now updated, to a more current patch level, but the .trashbin folder is still filling up.

My biggest concern right now is trying to figure out how to get rid of all the orphaned attachments. From my understanding, we were on a build that the attachments did not get cleaned up until they were deleted out of both groupwise and from the device. So my concern is now I have a bunch of large, orphaned attachments from increasing the attachment size. Anyone know of a way to clean these up ?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.