Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

unable to acquire valid license from GroupWise system

18.0.1 messenger agent
18.0.1 archive agent
fresh install onto new server

try to start the agents, but unable to connect. look into the log files, and find:
Unable to acquire valid license from GroupWise system; terminating

I can see the new messenger system in my GW18.0.1 administration page...see the archive agent, messenger agent.

I click System, Licensing.
Customer number is there, license type, status is valid, expire date is correct (November, 2018)
Automatic Check for updates, no issues/changes displayed.

Right now, I am looking into kb-7022826 ... but my grep of my domain .crt comes back with no ip/dns info....
https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7022826

Any other thoughts?
Thanks.
Matt
Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: unable to acquire valid license from GroupWise system

cert now shows the server ip address and dns name...
no change in messenger/archive agents ....still giving the unable to acquire license.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

am I supposed to point the messenger system to the local MARS or my groupwise domain mars...the one use for managing our system?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Messenger needs to point to the Domain Admin Service to obtain licensing information.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

ok. that is what I did..pointed it to the primary domain server.
tried using ip address and dns.

no change in getting the agents to acquire a license.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

ShootDawg;2483081 wrote:
18.0.1 messenger agent

Right now, I am looking into kb-7022826 ... but my grep of my domain .crt comes back with no ip/dns info....
https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7022826

this resolved the issue....I had not restarted the management services on the groupwise 18 server after fixing the cert issue...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.