briggs Absent Member.
Absent Member.

upgrade path from 1.0 build 290 to 1.2.1

I am running 1.0 build 290, I want to upgrade to the lastest version, two questions: 1. can I upgrade straight to 1.2.1? Do we still have to run the uninstall.sh script before upgrading?

tnx

Bill Riggs
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: upgrade path from 1.0 build 290 to 1.2.1

briggs;2161607 wrote:
I am running 1.0 build 290, I want to upgrade to the lastest version, two questions: 1. can I upgrade straight to 1.2.1? Do we still have to run the uninstall.sh script before upgrading?

tnx

Bill Riggs

1: Yes
2: I have never needed nor heard of that one should run uninstall.sh before upgrading, from where did you get this information?

Novell Data Synchronizer Mobility Pack 1.2.1

Thomas
0 Likes
jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

briggs wrote:

> Do we still have
> to run the uninstall.sh script before upgrading?

I agree with Thomas. It's never been best practice to run the
uninstall script before upgrading. That's only used if you, well, want
to uninstall the product.

--
We're your Novell--again. http://www.novell.com/promo/backtobasics.html
Enhancement Requests: http://www.novell.com/rms

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
briggs Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have been doing that since ther early beta days, seem to help with the upgrades. I have not upgraded in a while (if it ain't broke, don't fix it). Good to know I don't have to go thru all the other upgrades first. Thank you.

bill
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.