Absent Member.
Absent Member.

upgrading GW 2012 SP2 to SP4

Upgrading GW 2012 SP2 to GW2012 SP4

Do I simply select Create or Upgrade a GroupWise System
run through the installation
and select Update > point to domain

Done?

I just seem to recall - it was necessary to Install / Configure Web Access and GWIA

May be I'm confusing it with version say 8 > 2012 update

Actually, I've just done one as a Test

Started the agents & Monitor shows DOM, PO & GWIA at 12.04

Just checking ... appreciate any comment...
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: upgrading GW 2012 SP2 to SP4

bhrt60;2416172 wrote:
Upgrading GW 2012 SP2 to GW2012 SP4 ..

In this case you are not dealing with an upgrade, but an update within the same point release; aka only applying a service pack.

From within the GroupWise installer, I normally just select to run the Install Products and use that to upgrade all rpm's that are currently installed on the server you are running the upgrade on.

Running the configure option after the install is not a hard requirement but is recommended as it updates version info in the config files.

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

magic31;2416179 wrote:
In this case you are not dealing with an upgrade, but an update within the same point release; aka only applying a service pack.

From within the GroupWise installer, I normally just select to run the Install Products and use that to upgrade all rpm's that are currently installed on the server you are running the upgrade on.

Running the configure option after the install is not a hard requirement but is recommended as it updates version info in the config files.

Cheers,
Willem

ok I've already done this on the Target system for real

Run the update (inc configure)
Although monitor showed agents as 12.04 - help > about in webaccess showed 12.02
I found post that suggest only need to install the software - not configure unless problems

so I just installed Webacces & GWIA - but not Configured

System seems OK

any gotchas?

I have to say DOCs could be more clearer - I know there are zillions of combinations but...
Better still the Installation should take charge ! ...IMHO ofcourse
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

bhrt60;2416186 wrote:

any gotchas?

From the top of my head, not really.

With Linux I always check, before and after updating, the output of "rpm -qa|grep groupwise" to make sure all packages have been upgraded properly.

bhrt60;2416186 wrote:
I have to say DOCs could be more clearer

In the html version of the docs, there is the option to leave your feedback by commenting on the relevant doc page.

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.