Commodore
Commodore

user settings not sticking

HI all:

We have finally moved our users from GW 14.2.x client to GW 18.2.x.  I am having reports that user customizations made on the new client are not surviving after logging of the computer for the day.  I never had this issue with the GW 14 client.  I am not that versed in the new client so this may be a very simple thing to fix, IDK.  I have made no changes on the backend client settings.

Thanks for the help, Chris.

0 Likes
7 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@Chris Mosentine   Hi Chris,

Is it possible to be a little more specific about what client settings are being "lost"?

Cheers,

Laura

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Laura: ,
Display settings mostly. Changing from discussion threads to details, summary to columns, turn off message preview. In general anything changed in View/Display Settings.

Chris
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Chris

I was seeing issues like that on earlier builds.  Laura may know some specifics, but later builds of 18.2 don't seem to have that problem in my experience.

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements in the Idea Exchange forums!
Don't forget to Like helpful posts and mark Solutions!
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I've been trying to duplicate this issue in house for some time.  One thing I've learned is that not all client settings are committed when made.  In order to keep things moving some of them are only committed when the client shuts down.  

If you have a user that regularly sees this problem, can you investigate the Task Manager and see if the client is fully shutting down when closed?

As mentioned some improvement in the code were made.  Anything dated past October 10th or so should have those changes.

Thanks,

Bert

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

bworkman:

This issue seems to only effect some employees, probably <10%.  I am going to open a ticket with MF and see if they can get me a newer client.

Chris

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@Chris Mosentine  Hi Chris,

I'd appreciate it if you would share your SR number either here or via private message. 

Thank you,

Laura

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

My SR# is 101316137991.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.