pvaiq6167 Contributor.
Contributor.

v2018 SSL between agents not working

We've used the GW-CA (Certificate Authority) to recreate all certificates for all of the groupwise agents (mta, poa, etc) and when we try to secure the MTA traffic with the certificates by requiring SSL usage, all communication stops.  If we just activate the SSL option but do not make it required, then communication works but when we go to the http-console Links and look at the tcp-connections some of them say they are using ssl and some are not.  Also, if we refresh the view and/or leave and come back, then the links saying that they were using ssl say they are no longer using ssl and some of those that were saying that they were not using ssl are now saying that they are using ssl.  Also, the communication is very slow when we activate ssl (but not required).  We know that activating SSL will slow the whole system down but it appears as if the Agents are trying to use SSL but can't and that is slowing everything down.  When we set SSL to required, nothing works.  The certs were created through the Admin-Console (GW-CA).  Any ideas?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
fgams Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Re: v2018 SSL between agents not working

I had the same problem after upgrading from GW 14R2. It required a service request to solve it.

I think they found a port conflict with the POA, something had taken that port already.
pvaiq6167 Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi,

Thanks for the info.  Looks like I'll have to try that path.  Were they able to resolve it?

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.

Yes, they had some trouble. If I recall correctly, it was python. They fixed it though.
0 Likes
Valued Contributor.

The other thing they did was remove the password from the SSL certificates. In the admin console, in the properties of each agent, there is a button to remove the password.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.