Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

where to find docker image for GW Web

I am trying to install the GW Web program after migrating to GroupWise 18.1.  The docs say to "Download the gw18.2.0-xxx-web_docker.tar.gz from the GroupWise download site on your docker server."  I don't know where the 'GroupWise Download site' is.  I have searched for the file on download.novell.com, both in the program and patches area.

Where do I find this file?

Thanks,

dan

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: where to find docker image for GW Web

Hi Dan,

GroupWise 18.1 is not really enough. You need at least a version GW18.1.x near to or mid summer 2019. The new web client needs a special SOAP environment. 

However I think it is smarter to continue and work with GroupWise 18.2. There you will find two additional files which you can download for your docker environment. Please check the GroupWise 18.2 documentation which explains how to install, configure and run the new web client.

But before you upgrade to 18.2 please read this: https://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise18/gw18_readme/data/gw18_readme.html#gw182.

I know it is readme, but sometimes we have to read it. Take care of OS support changes and some more issues.

If cannot upgrade to GW18.2 and you stay on GW18.1 try to get a pretty new version of GW18.1 and continue here: https://hub.docker.com/r/mfgroupwise/webacc-ng.

Diethmar 

Diethmar Rimser
If you like my idea or solution, please show it and click i.e. on "Like"!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Sorry, I am running the latest version from December 2019, I think.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Then it should be here:

Rimser_0-1583003780062.png

But do not forget to check "purchased software" AND "entitled software". I am sure you will find at one of these spots.

Diethmar Rimser
If you like my idea or solution, please show it and click i.e. on "Like"!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

My bad. I am running 18.1.1.  I now see where to find 18.2.  Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.