Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

Ability to use CSA and MPP with the same browser session

Ability to use CSA and MPP with the same browser session

CSA 4.92: I've opened a SR to MF Support since i can't work with BOTH CSA and MPP in the same Browser sessions because they will invalidate session each other.

Scenario: We have open, in the same browser, CSA (catalog and design management), MPP (marketplace). Both of them on the login screen. If I log first in MPP, and THEN on CSA, while I’m logging on CSA I will get a pop-up message “your session has expired, please login again”. After a retry I can finally login in CSA.

Expected behavior: I expect to login only ONCE (in CSA or MPP) since my credential and role/grant where already computed / evaluated by IDM.

There is also a QCC already opened: https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR1D240761?lang=en&cc=bg&hpappid=206728_SSO_PRO

4 Comments
Account_Closed
Not applicable

RedTail72 Contributor.
Contributor.

Providing a configuration setting to change the cookie/session variable names used would help with this issue.  It would avoid the session collision that happens currently as they use the same name for both systems.  This would also allow you to have different CSA environments up in the same window too.

Respected Contributor.. Federico Fortini Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..
Dear HCM Forum moderator, do you think you coul consider this request? Based on my some investigation, and the comment below, it simply a matter of cookie/session configuration. It's not a biggest change in product functionality's. Federico
Account_Closed
Not applicable

this has been discussed (trust me.. several times) internally, and it is not a trivial change. in some discussions, it was even raised that this is a security measure.

With this said, please clarify the user persona who needs this - is this mainly for the content developers working on building and testing out the CSA content capsules?

any other case - where the same user play 2 roles simultaneously - as consumer using mpp and as admin using the admin console?

if so,  the main area of concern is when someone has opened the 2 tabs side-by-side in same browser instance, works for a long time (let's say to order a subscription) but then realizes that the session has been invalidated. this is time lost, which must be avoided.

considering this might not be the main-stream use case - can we look to do a simple middle path approach?

user is blocked from accessing mpp when the admin ui (SMC) is already open, and vice versa - with a meaningful error indicating they are not allowed to access the page as another tab is already open. if possible provide a link to open the requested page in incongnito/private mode (supporting key browsers like FF, Chrome and IE)

Let us know your thoughts.

Ram D - HCM Product Management 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.