CSA UI - multiple choice lists improvement

Idea ID 1641665

CSA UI - multiple choice lists improvement

Now it is possible to use multi-select dropdown list but without checkbox and it is not convinient. It will be good to have multi-select dropdown list with checkbox. Or, as an alternative, using single-choice list and "Add" button to add selected item to the already chosen set of items.

User needs to select five values from drop-down list with 100 records. He has to use Cntrl and left mouse click to accomplish this . And he lost his selection if accidentally press something wrong.

Our customers complain that it is not convinient to select multi values from list right now.

P.S. in attachement there are actual CSA interface, and an example of what it could be.

3 Comments
Account_Closed
Not applicable

Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

While I understand the benefit of these checkbox oriented multi-selection, I would not make it a default.
From a UI perspective today's selection seems to work for small lists with non-interspersed (few) selections.

I can see the benefit if I have large lists, where I need to select multiple elements that are widely spaced.

I suggest to make the checkbox feature selectable if possible.

Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

i like the proposal with add remove buttons this much more convenient then now. you dont need to drop down scroll to see what was selected. clear vote for the add/remove solution. even for small list i think it does not spoil the UI. the height could be autoscalling.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.