CSA UI - special field type IP address, dot-separated

Idea ID 1641121

CSA UI - special field type IP address, dot-separated

Hello.

Customers want new field type - IPv4 address, separated with dots. According to them, it will be convenient and practical.

3 Comments
Account_Closed
Not applicable

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi,

Is this for the subscriber option properties? Should there be a new type called IP address along with the existing ones namly string, integer, list and boolean?

Regards,

Prasanna

Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

I think the Concept should be extended to an autotype support. similar to the Regex specification.

you should be able to specify an input pattern with some prefilled shown chars... eg. the . in IP v4 adresses. or the @ and the . in Mail adresses

or a \ in windows domain account names.

etc.

i would strongly vote against an introduction of a new Field type ... this is all String just a better Userguiding of filling the Data.

so i would suggest to change the Request to this then i would vote for it 😉

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.