Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.

Dynamic workload placement?

Dynamic workload placement?

This has been requested many times in the past. HCM should have the ability to offer, out of the box, location alternatives for workload to be placed on, taking into consideration a number of factors such as locality, cost, resource quota... Micro Focus may have a look at competitive or complementary products that claim to do so. 

2 Comments
Account_Closed
Not applicable

Michael_it Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

I have heard this requirement very often. probably the request needs more details. when you are asking for total Cloud Abstraction e.g. place something in Azure/Amazon private clouds. etc. i must say everyone that claims he can do that only tells half of the story. when you want to use pure VM resources already handling of Network and Storage is quite different between the providers. i tried to make this happen a long time... and it is not easy and you loose most functionality of platforms doing so. There are Suites out there where you rpogramm against an overlay soltuion that installs Apps in this and makes you cloud agnostic. this works. But i have to much experience in the details of native cloudprovider usage and they are so different that abstaction does not really make sense. in case the request is for a policy based placement of the same provider (e.g. different types of Vmware clusters) i can follow that. or when you want to have a policy guidance on the Offering selection process -> i can follow that. (Microfocus just needs to port the Cloud24 code to CSA)

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.