Replace Offering function

Replace Offering function

0 Votes

In General we have issue with most of new changes release.  Like you develop new field or whatever new to design then creating new offering, then exporting - moving to production by importint that offering. After it you need to unpublish old offering and publish new. So if we have like 30 Offerings, and 10 catalogs with diffrent approval policies and etc. so it is a lot of clicks to republish everything. I think function where you map offerings and say, replace or migrate to new would do that all republish (unpublish old and publish new) would help a lot.

4 Comments
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi,
Thanks for providing the details. Can you please help me understand this in more detail?

Let's say, there is an offering Offering1_v1 which is present in both DEV and PROD environments. The Offering1_v1 in DEV is now modified and the new offering being Offering1_v2. This offering1_v2 needs to be imported to PROD.

Is this idea referring to having a provision to map/replace/migrate Offering1_v1 in PROD to Offering1_V2 which would unpublish the old offering and publish the new one?

Are all these offerings having a common base offering?

Thanks,
Prasanna

Respected Contributor.. Federico Fortini Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..
@Prasanna i guess that this will be a definitive way to publish an offering. Given that the new version (_V2) is generated from the same "base offering" (_v1), it will be a super helpfull feature if you can simply tell to CSA "Hey, this offering will replace the old one. Do you business!" Federico
Account_Closed
Not applicable

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.