Select which notifications to send

Select which notifications to send

Brief description:
I would like to add functionality to CSA to select which e-mail notifications are send and which are not.

The reason for this is that we're using CSA to run a Managed Private Cloud and we have been using OO for 2.5 years already for all automation, including all the necessary e-mails. Those e-mails contain all kinds of information gathered in OO that would not be possible (or maybe with a lot of changes) in CSA notifications.
Up until now we haven't used the approval mechanism in CSA because the customer had dedicated AD groups with people who could order and only those groups were given access to the catalog. However, now they do require approvals and we need to send notifications about those approvals. From what I can gather, there are notifications for Approval Required, Approval Given, Approval Denied, Server Active, Server Cancelled, Server Paused, etc etc. We need the first 3 of those, all the others are unwanted. This is why we would like to be able to select which e-mails to send and which not.

Benefits / Value:
This will allow us to configure the notifications exactly to our liking, and prevent unwanted e-mail from being send to the customer.

Design details:
There is an option in CSA 4.82's Organization > Email Notifications menu to select if CSA should send an email when a subscription is about to expire. Something similar should be possible for all the other possible e-mail notifications.

Tags (1)
8 Comments
Account_Closed
Not applicable

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

I see a lot of people are interested in this feature. 

We can expose configuration capability for different notifications at different levels, e.g. at organization level, at Catalog level or Offering level )for amxium flexibility, but I doubt if this level of control is really needed for this purpose).

Exposing it at the organization level would be the easiet and would be adequate for service provider type customer so it can be configured for each individual end customer. 

For Enterprise customers sometimes customers do not use Organization for group / business unit isolation, but instead use Catalog for that purpose. In order to priortize, I would like to hear from you all who have voted for this feature - is it enough if we expose this configuration at the Organization level or exposing at the Catalog level is also a MUST. 

Thanks,

Nivedita

Respected Contributor.. Federico Fortini Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

I think notification preference shoud be implemented at Organization Level. I would also love to have this implemented.

Regards,

Federico

Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hi all,

Organization level would be sufficient for my current usecases. We have a potentional need to send the deploy and undeploy subscription email notifications to the MPP requester, but not the modify subscription notification.

Respected Contributor.. Federico Fortini Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..
I also think Organization level would be sufficient for us.
RedTail72 Contributor.
Contributor.

I would like a way to programatically (API) disable notifications per subscription.  There are times where we need to prevent notifications for certain types of offerings, so an organization level option wouldn't help in this case.  If we could disable "alerting" in a sense on the individual subscriptions, that would give us more flexibility without complicating the UI by adding it at that level.

Michael_it Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

i suggest to do it at catalog level minimum.

Organization is not good as you need to split Org (which would require people to relogin to differnt org with all disadvantages) when you just have one offering that needs different notification pattern.

catalog level is right balance between micromanagement and lack of flexibility. you add a catalog when you need different notification scheme.

we see same issue with Pause subscription at error setting

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Under Consideration

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.