Highlighted
Cadet 1st Class Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Authentication via Kerberos

Dear experts,

We are using CO virtual appliance 3.02 at client's place and would like to know if the CO authentication can be based on Kerberos; I could not find any information in the doc set except PKI; but due to security and other standard limitations at client's side, kerberos authentication with CO looks like an option here .

Any documentation or steps or guide will be helpful.

Thanks,

Subh

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Subh,

I apologize for the delay in responding.

Unfortunately, Kerberos authentication is currently not available for Cloud Optimizer.

As you probably saw within the product documentation (Online Help Guide), there is LDAP, PKI Authentication and CAC (which requires PKI).

There appears to be an old enhancement request for Kerberos Authentication.

QCCR8D78961 Kerberos based authentication

You could open support case to have yourself added to that existing enhancement request to have Kerberos authentication added to a future version of the product.

I'm sorry that I could not provide a better answer.

Regards,

Mark

---
Mark Butler
Micro Focus SW Support Engineer
https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/
Tags (2)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.