Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

(CO) Support Tip: Cloud Optimizer 3.03 is available for Download!

Hello CO Community,

For those that may not have noticed, Cloud Optimizer 3.03 was released on Friday, Dec. 8th, 2017.

Here is the 'What's New in This Release" section found within the CO 3.03 Release Notes.

Upgraded Open Source Compenents

• Apache Tomcat 7.0.82
  • JRE 1.08.144

Integration with other Products

• Support for OMi 10.63
  • Support for HPE BSM/OMi MP for Cloud Optimizer 1.25
  • Support for Vertica 8.1
  • Support for Hyper-V 2016 Cluster
  • Support for Operations Agent 12.05

Upgrade Component

• ComputeSensor is upgraded to version 12.05

You can download the update from the following locations:

Important:  A Linux Server can only be upgraded using the Installer.  The Virtual Appliance (VA) can only be upgraded using the ISO or ZIP. 

I hope that this information is helpful!

Regards,

Mark

---
Mark Butler
Micro Focus SW Support Engineer
https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/
Tags (3)
0 Likes
9 Replies
mielcajc Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: (CO) Support Tip: Cloud Optimizer 3.03 is available for Download!

Any chance we can get the trial version of Cloud Optimizer updated to 3.03? 

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

if you like a trial version so much that you would like to update it, it's time to buy it.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello mielcajc,

Unfortunately, CO 3.03 cannot be installed directly.

CO 3.03 is a patch to be installed on top of CO 3.02 or earlier releases.  I is not supported to install it directly.

If you wanted to install the trial version of CO 3.02 and then upgrade to CO 3.03, you could do that.

Regards,

Mark

---
Mark Butler
0 Likes
Aaron Laing Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

The Release Notes say that CO 3.03 *supports* OA 12.05, but the 3.03 Online Help says that it *requires* 12.05.

Which is it?  I've installed 12.04 on our CO 3.02 appliance - do I need to uninstall/reinstall 12.05?

Thanks,
Aaron

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Aaron,

I cannot find OA 12.05 listed as a requirement in any of the PDF manuals (release notes, installation guide, onlinehelp ...). I also cannot imagine a technical reason why OA 12.05 would be a requirement.

If you install OA on your CO 3.03 server, then you would select the latest version validated with CO 3.03 (that is 12.05 indeed) in order to be up to date with the fixes and enhancements, or you would select whichever version and hotfix level has been validated in your business, as long as you use OA 12.01 or higher, since lower versions are not compatible with CO 3.01 and higher.

Thanks,
Thierry.

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Aaron Laing Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Thierry,

Thanks for the info - I will assume that our 12.04 agent is adequate, and will leave that version installed until we move other managed nodes to 12.05.

Regards,
Aaron

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Aaron,

As Thierry mentioned, the OA 12.05 is not 'required'.

The only issue that I can see possibly coming into play is the the Guest OS Drill-down.  The Guest OS Drill-Down agent provided with the product may use the same internals as OA 12.05.  This may cause a compatibility issue.  However, currently, the Guest OS Drill-Down does not work, and is not supported, when OA is installed on the same Guest.  So from that perspective, it doesn't matter.

If you are not using the Guest OS Drill-down, then I would not be concerned about it.

I hope that this helps.

Regards,

Mark

---
Mark Butler
0 Likes
Tushar M Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi Mark,

The link for linux server installation returns a 404 error.

Request your help with link for download.

With best regards,

Tushar Mehendale

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Tushar,

Please use https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/km/KM03041409

Regards,
Thierry.

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.