Respected Contributor.. CVPL-JL Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Get Provider Properties and Resource Offering Properties in OO

Jump to solution

Hi all,

1. I have a Resource Provider (i.e. vCenter) with a property (i.e. datacenterName). How can I get this property in OO, using which Operation or Subflow?
Can I make use of the "Get Artifact Properties" subflow with the input "artifactId" = "RSC_PROVIDER_ID"? 

2. I have a Resource Offering (i.e. vCenter Compute) with a Offering Properties (i.e. clusterName). Similarly, how can I get this property in OO, using which Operation or Subflow?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thank you.
JL

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Re: Get Provider Properties and Resource Offering Properties in OO

Jump to solution

Hi,

thank you for the advise.

I have tried and with using of CSA "Get Artifact Properties" subflow, combined with the following inputs, I am able to get the correct results.
1. Resource Provider Properties, use artifactId = RSC_PROVIDER_ID = [TOKEN:RSC_PROVIDER_ID]
2. Resource Offering Properties, use artifactId = RSC_SUBSCRIPTION_ID = [TOKEN:RSC_SUBSCRIPTION_ID]

To get the correct properties values from the above, the correct property names must be input in "propertyNames" and filtered in the Step Results from Result Field: propertyNameValuesList.
(Can reference any OOTB CSA flow on using the "Get Artifact Properties" subflow as example)

Thank you.
JL

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
scuda20 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

You are going to want to use the following HP flows as your first three items:

"Get User Identifier" -> Get Artifact Properties" -> "Get Resource Provider details"

Get user Identifier add results and the automatic is userIdentifier

Get Artifact Properties  {componentId = SVC_COMPONENT_ID}, userIdentifier from previous flow add results assuming you have properties in your resource offering or service design components, I typically use  a filter XML Get Element Value /Properties/property[name="DATACENTERNAME"]//value  ** NOTE your names may vary

Get Rsrouce provider details {providerId = RSC_PROVIDER_ID}  output Result Field: provider SAP filters on them with Strip all chars up to and including :// and then strip after and include :

Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi,

thank you for the advise.

I have tried and with using of CSA "Get Artifact Properties" subflow, combined with the following inputs, I am able to get the correct results.
1. Resource Provider Properties, use artifactId = RSC_PROVIDER_ID = [TOKEN:RSC_PROVIDER_ID]
2. Resource Offering Properties, use artifactId = RSC_SUBSCRIPTION_ID = [TOKEN:RSC_SUBSCRIPTION_ID]

To get the correct properties values from the above, the correct property names must be input in "propertyNames" and filtered in the Step Results from Result Field: propertyNameValuesList.
(Can reference any OOTB CSA flow on using the "Get Artifact Properties" subflow as example)

Thank you.
JL

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.