Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. CD35 Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Re-use textbox value in Javascript to create dynamic list

Jump to solution

Hello,

I upgrade in 4.8 to be able to use dynamical list from textbox.

I want to use value in textbox in a javascript to create a dynamical list with this script. I know manage scripts but I don't know the syntax in javascript to get the textbox value.

PS : I suppose that the answer is in the Dynamic Options and Cascading Lists white paper for 4.80 version but I don't find it.

Thks.

Nicolas

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Respected Contributor..

Re: Re-use textbox value in Javascript to create dynamic lis

Jump to solution

It's like for dynamic list in 4.70.

In Configure Paramates, write an alias (i.e. Paramter Name, by example "login") and a parameter value like [CLIENT:Name of the Property which depends].

In th JS file, to obtain the parameter value :

var myvalue = request.login;

0 Likes
1 Reply
Respected Contributor..

Re: Re-use textbox value in Javascript to create dynamic lis

Jump to solution

It's like for dynamic list in 4.70.

In Configure Paramates, write an alias (i.e. Paramter Name, by example "login") and a parameter value like [CLIENT:Name of the Property which depends].

In th JS file, to obtain the parameter value :

var myvalue = request.login;

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.