Commodore
Commodore

"Upload" active subscriptions

Hi all,

I know of one way to "upload" active subscriptions that is somewhat documented on CSA live network which consists of creating an XML with the options and input values and use it through the API to issue a request that will create the active subscription but was wondering if anyone knows of an easier, quicker method.

My problem is that I have 2000 VMs to upload as individual Subscriptions which means 2000 calls to the API to upload them, forgetting that problem that could be done in batches, the main problem is the building of the XML. I've spent nearly a week in previous "uploads" just building the XML alone...

Is there any quicker and more user friendly way to do this?

Cheers all

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Commodore
Commodore

Version: CSA 4.1

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello ZenalBill,

Thanks for your post! Please allow me some time to investigate this for you and I'll get back to you shortly!

Regards,

Mitko

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello ZenalBill,

I have done some research and it appears there is no other way arround this. This may qualify as valid ER and I'd suggest raising a Support case on this matter.

Regards,
Mitko

0 Likes
Commander Commander
Commander

Why do u need 2000 subsriptions ? Have u not consolidated based on user owned VM's ?

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

30 something different tenants, some with 150 others with 20 VMs for example and it was decided that each VM would be a subscription.

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

If I can make a request on this expert day is that this procedure is re-analized and maybe have some changes implemented on future CSA releases.

To me, the amount of times i've been asked to "upload" active subscriptions of VMs, mailboxes, DBs, etc that were not created on CSA make it clearly, to me, the biggest problem with CSA , just due to the fact that building these XMLs is close to impossible without a lot of days of work.

0 Likes
Commander Commander
Commander

We would like to understand the challenges and see if there are other solutions availables. Glad if you could demonstrate the problem

i am available @ munirathnam.kumar@hp.com

There are more capabilties available and more has been developed. Your inputs will be valuable.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.