Highlighted
Bowker Contributor.
Contributor.

BIASVAL on mimetype

I'm trying to bias URLs that report their mime type as HTML documents over PDFs and other types.

I've add this to the query and it does not affect the results.

FieldText=BIASVAL{text%2Fhtml,25}:*/DOCUMENT_KEYVIEW_CONTENTTYPE_STRING

If I use the same field specification with MATCH{text%2Fhtml} I only get back HTML documents so the field exists and has the values I expect.  But I've not found a way to promote all the HTML and/or demote non-HTML

Any guess what I'm missing?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: BIASVAL on mimetype

Have you checked that DOCUMENT_KEYVIEW_CONTENTTYPE_STRING is configured as either MatchType or ParametricType (with ParametricNumericMapping enabled)?

If it's not you should be getting back the warning:

<autn:warning>
BIASVAL must be restricted to MatchType or ParametricNumericMapping fields only. The bias will not occur
</autn:warning>

You can check which fields the engine has configured as those types with:

action=gettagnames&fieldtype=match,parametric

To verify, pick one document with the right value and try:

action=query&fieldtext=BIASVAL{text/html,25}:DOCUMENT_KEYVIEW_CONTENTTYPE_STRING&matchreference=<ref>&absweight=true

action=query&fieldtext=BIASVAL{text/html,1}:DOCUMENT_KEYVIEW_CONTENTTYPE_STRING&matchreference=<ref>&absweight=true

You should see the <autn:weight> of your one hit change accordingly. If it is changing then the BIASVAL is working correctly and perhaps some other aspect of your results scoring is making you think that it isn't having an effect.

Docs:

https://www.microfocus.com/documentation/idol/IDOL_12_4/Content_12.4_Documentation/Help/#Actions/Field%20Specifiers/_IDOL_BIASVAL.htm?Highlight=BIASVAL

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.