Marilou Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.
198 views

We installed the OEM IDOL. how do we know it is functioning properly?

Jump to solution

We installed the OEM IDOL. how do we know it is functioning properly? When we do a text search (text came from the pdf) we don't get the correct result. It doesn't give us the pdf where the text came from. It is only giving us the list of records where the metadata contains the texts that's being searched.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: We installed the OEM IDOL. how do we know it is functioning properly?

Jump to solution

An action=getstatus should yield summary information of what's been indexed. 

It sounds like you're able to issue action=query&text=<query_text> via your search application.   But you're not getting the expected results.

a=getTagNames&typeDetails=true output, representative IDX record of your data and content.cfg and full action=query would help understand what is and isn't happening.

You might consider opening a support ticket.

-Jeff

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: We installed the OEM IDOL. how do we know it is functioning properly?

Jump to solution

Try entering a new record with the same keyword, give it some time to process and then see if it searches.

If that works then you know that new documents are processing.

You can also try running a small reindex, run a search that contains the document you are using in your testing and reindex. Allow some processing time. If that works then you might need to run a reindex of the dataset

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: We installed the OEM IDOL. how do we know it is functioning properly?

Jump to solution

An action=getstatus should yield summary information of what's been indexed. 

It sounds like you're able to issue action=query&text=<query_text> via your search application.   But you're not getting the expected results.

a=getTagNames&typeDetails=true output, representative IDX record of your data and content.cfg and full action=query would help understand what is and isn't happening.

You might consider opening a support ticket.

-Jeff

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.