Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

WebConnector 11.6 StayOnSite

Why does the WebConnector (v.11.6) continue to try to crawl URLs that are not on the start point when I have StayOnSite=TRUE? I have even gone to great lengths to create SpiderUrlCantHaveRegex patterns to get these URLs excluded but the WebConnector continues to attempt to contact the URLs through the proxy server.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: WebConnector 11.6 StayOnSite

This might be an issue for our support team, ideally with sharing logs and cfgs. Here is some feedback that I got though:

The best GUESS is that the connector is behaving in that it is sticking to pages from that web site but because you are looking at proxy traffic, you see other URLS being downloaded.  We embed Chrome and that will download other bits from other sites in order to form a complete page.  It won’t be saving those bits though.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Re: WebConnector 11.6 StayOnSite

I think it would be a good idea to add a parameter to be able to instruct the WebConnector to "absolutely stay on site" and not attempt to contact any "outside" URLs. Do you agree that parameter would be useful?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.