Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

AD Groups Collection and Publication

Hi,

We have two identity sources (eDir and AD), users are common in both the directories. But AD has user groups information which we don't have in eDir. I am planning to use eDir for authenticating users. When I collect and publish the data from both the directories with workforceID as a match rule, can I merge the groups information from AD?

Thanks

Nihii 

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: AD Groups Collection and Publication

Greetings,   

1) Which application source is #1

2) Which application source is OSP pointing to?

3) Which application source is set to be the provider for the LDAP DN and User ID from Source?

4) Are you asking that in AD Steve is member of 2 groups and in eDir Steve is not a member of any groups.  After the Publish and Merge, will the groups from AD appear on the "merged" Steve user?

Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Principal Enterprise Architect
Micro Focus
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: AD Groups Collection and Publication

Hello,

1. eDir
2. OSP is pointed to eDir
3. eDir
4. Exactly will publish and merge pulls the groups from AD?

Thanks
Nihii
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.