ALERT! The community will be read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Commodore
Commodore

Integrate IG with IG

Hi,

Checking to see can we integrate IG within IG for Access Request, Review and fulfillment.

Thanks

Nihii

7 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Greetings,
What exactly do you mean by "can we integrate IG within IG for Access Request, Review and fulfillment"?

Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Principal Enterprise Architect
Micro Focus

Commodore
Commodore

I realize I'm waking up an old thread, but I've got the same requirement (at least I think so).

I want to ensure I have regulatory compliance with access to IG, as the compliance app.  That is, I want to perform reviews on IG access.   

If I use AD or IDV groups to manage role access, then I know I can collect those and review them. But, if I wanted to view the role assignments for each of the authorization roles, what's the best way?  JDBC collector to my ops DB?  REST collector against the API?  Some other way?

--Jim

Commodore
Commodore

Hi,

I have two different integrations for this setup

1. eDirectory Groups and map those to authorizations

2. JDBC Collector to our own DB.

I felt if I use eDirectory groups fulfillment it will be a straight forward ldap automated fulfillment.

Thanks

Nihii

Commodore
Commodore

Do you have a SQL Select statement that you used to collect the authorizations?   Could you share that, or at least point me at the right tables?

I like the LDAP fulfiller idea.

--Jim

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Greetings,
    There is a report that covers this, "Authorization Assignments", it will show you who is currently assigned to the Administrator Assignments (like Global Admin, Security Admin, Data Admin, ..etc) within Identity Governance. There has been discussion about having a default Review that would cover these Administrator Assignments (and maybe covering the delegate admin assignments).  I would strongly encourage utilizing the Report (which you can schedule and email out as required) as compared to directly going against the Identity Governance data tables.

Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Micro Focus

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Greetings,
        The "Authorization Assignments" report has been available since Identity Governance 3.5.0  (17-December-2018).

Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Micro Focus

Commodore
Commodore

That report should hit the spot, at least for now.  Thanks!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.