ALERT! The community will be read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Captain
Captain

Is there a way to write out debug info from IG fulfillment scripts ?

As per the title - is is possible to write out debug info (to catalina log file) from the fulfillment target scripts ? It would be really helpful in building the scripts for REST service. I'm currently using IG 3.6.1, but can upgrade to IG 3.6.2 if needed. I've tried console.log(); bu I get an error in catalina log that console is not defined.

Any help will be appreciated.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Greetings,

1) Have you downloaded the sample nodejs server and utilized it as part of your testing?

2) Generally speaking, you would start with something like the following:

var logger = org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getLogger("debug");
logger.info("**********");
logger.info("inputValue is: " + inputValue);
logger.info("outputValue is: " + JSON.stringify(outObj));
logger.info("**********");

You can see examples of this in a number of the Fulfillments and Collectors when you press the "setup inputs" the above lines will be commented out.  

Based upon your ask, I would gather that you did not utilize the "setup inputs" options when you created the new script in the "Content" area of your Rest Fulfiller.

I would strongly recommend that one utilizes the "setup inputs" options when create scripts.  This helps to make sure the aspects are properly mapped (it is there for a reason).

Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Principal Enterprise Architect
Micro Focus
Captain
Captain

Steven

I never noticed that very small "setup inputs" 😀. Thanx for the pointer.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.