ALERT! The community will be read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Captain
Captain

REST fulfillment scripts - need some understanding

Hi all

I need some help understanding how the scripts work for the REST fulfillment. Under Fulfillment --> Configuration menu there are 3 tabs:
Fulfillment targets, Application Setup and Catalog Update Setup

I created a REST fulfillment target under the "Fulfillment Targets" tab and I add some scripts to build the JSON payload for the REST service

I then assign the REST fulfillment target to an application under the "Application Setup" tab.

If I make changes to the scripts in the "Fulfillment Target" tab, those changes do not update to the "Application Setup" tab. So my changes have no effect. The only way I can get the changes to apply is to change the application to "Manual Fulfillment" and then back to "REST Fulfillment"

I can make the changes to instance under the "Application Setup" tab, but then if I need to use the REST fulfillment in another application I need to duplicate the setup.

Is there a way to make all the changes under the "Fulfillment Target" tab and have the application update automatically ?

3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Greetings,

1) What is the exact version of ID Gov that you are using?
2) Was this upgraded from a prior version? If yes, from what version?
3) What database are you utilizing (MS SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL)?

Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Principal Enterprise Architect
Micro Focus

0 Likes
Captain
Captain

Steven

1. IDGov version 3.6.1 revision 38495

2. New install - 2 node active/active cluster

3.  MS SQL

Thanx

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Greetings,

1) The behavior you outlined is very strange, because I know I have updated scripts on the "Fulfillment Target" tab and seen the changes utilized in the Applications that were mapped to utilize that target. I will need to take a look if it is just a UI refresh issue or something specific to the REST fulfillment in 3.6.1

2) I just did a quick test with 3.6.2 and the UI is correctly showing my changes.

Overall, I would strongly recommend that one upgrades to 3.6.2 as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Principal Enterprise Architect
Micro Focus

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.