UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Captain
Captain

Unable to login with bootstrap admin

I'm setting up a test system with IG 3.6.2 on Windows. My first time on Windows. I've gotten everything installed and IG starts up. The issue is that I cannot login using igadmin. When I type in the correct password for igadmin it just takes me back to the login screen. If I type in an incorrect password for igadmin it tells me the password is wrong, so the authentication must be working, but something else is broken. I have checked all the log files, but the only entry I can see that may point to the issue is this entry from catalina.out.

Preamble: [OIDP]
Priority Level: WARNING
Java: internal.osp.oidp.service.source.AuthPluginManager.autoConfigure() [338] thread=main
Time: 2021-03-29T16:38:57.091+0300
Log Data: Unable to auto configure authentication plugins for 'Authentication Source for File Users' Instance Data(id=as
-file-instance-data)' because no suitable authentication plugins were found.

Postgres is running and I can connect with the postgres user. LDAP is running and I can connect.

Any ideas on what my be wrong ?

Thanx

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Greetings,

1) Is the Identity Server that OSP pointing to eDirectory or Active Directory?

2.a) Did you define the Bootstrap user to be a File System user or an LDAP User?
2.b) If you outlined File System, does the same user exist in your Identity Server?

3) Is OSP deployed on the same Tomcat as Identity Governance or a separate one?

Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Principal Enterprise Architect
Micro Focus

0 Likes
Captain
Captain

Steve

Thanx for the quick response.

1. Everything is on one Windows 2016 server. Server is setup as domain controller. IG is setup to point to the local active directory on ldap port 389 (no ssl)

2. I defined the bootstrap user to be file system. The Active Directory does not have a user called igadmin.

3. Everything is on the same Tomcat instance.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Greetings,

The warning you outlined is not the issue. During the OSP install if you specified the user was going to be file system user, you then specified their password. During the ID Gov install, you were then prompted to outline who the bootstrap user is, and if this is hosted or not.

A) Make sure you specified the same in both places
B) Did you outline this is a Hosted Installed?

It might be necessary to open a Service Request because the next step will require seeing the settings and logs from your install.

Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Principal Enterprise Architect
Micro Focus

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.