In mid-September, we hosted the Enterprise Technology Forum in Denver, Colorado where we brought together outside experts as well as our own to answer:
- How enterprises can better navigate the complex world of Hybrid IT
- How to connect to the latest trends in areas such as DevOps and SecOps
- How to make progress on the transformative journey to the Digital Enterprise by using proven frameworks and best practices
This blog is the 2nd in a series where I will focus on addressing a few of the top challenges associated with Hybrid IT Management and recounting the Hybrid IT Management session from the forum.
Read Part 1 on Enterprise DevOps here
Part 3 will focus on SecOps
Part 4 … will recount our Hybrid IT, DevOps, and SecOps Transformation Workshop
Hybrid IT Management
Today, Hybrid IT Management is bringing forth several new challenges and complexities for IT Operations Staff.
42% of IT Operations teams don’t have proper access or visibility across cloud infrastructure.
What often happens is that different teams are utilizing different clouds for their specific business needs. While this offers flexibility for the business, it can be a huge challenge to manage for IT. Cloud native monitoring tools like AWS CloudWatch, Azure Monitor, and Google Stackdriver are widely used for public cloud performance and availability monitoring. However, cloud-native monitoring tools don’t always integrate or share data with another, so if you need to consolidate all your multi-cloud monitoring data into one view then you need to start looking outside of native cloud monitoring point solutions.
Organizations that are utilizing multiple public or private clouds need to formulate a Hybrid IT monitoring strategy that:
- Integrates all Hybrid IT data (events, metrics, log, and topology) into one centralized management console to gain end to end visibility.
- Utilizes automated AIOps capabilities to accelerate problem detection and root cause analysis.
- Provides automated remediation and orchestration with a vast amount of rich, pre-defined workflows. This, in turn, improves mean time to resolution.
Overall, this consolidated approach helps to reduce the cost it takes for IT to run and manage Hybrid infrastructures and applications.
41% of IT Operations teams report that on-premise monitoring agents don’t work in the cloud because their memory footprint is too large to run efficiently.
Today, IT Operations teams need agents that are lightweight and can be deployed or released quickly and easily. Organizations that are using multiple clouds need to incorporate a monitoring agent that can provide rich information without risking the performance of the critical business services hosted in the cloud.
33% of IT Operations teams are saying they lack the ability to provide real-time metrics to the business.
This often diminishes the perceived value of IT for the business, and in turn, IT gets looked at as a cost center instead of a valuable business partner. Today, IT Operations teams need to be able to quickly build and customize dashboards that highlight their contributions to the business. The nature of business today requires that these dashboards be able to be accessed from any device, anywhere, and show data in real-time.
See how we can help your organization overcome these challenges and reduce complexities associated with Hybrid IT Management -- Learn more about Operations Bridge at the webpage here.
Kulvinder Singh – Director, Private Cloud Solution - Accenture
At our forum in September, we had the pleasure of having Kulvinder Singh, Director of the Private Cloud Solution at Accenture as our guest speaker for the Hybrid IT Management track.
During his presentation, Kulvinder gave an overview of the Accenture Cloud Platform (ACP) which is growing at a 30% year over year rate and manages over fifty thousand virtual machines across Accenture's cloud estate today. Kulvinder shared that one of the main reasons behind this growth is due to flexibility and consistency Micro Focus solutions like Operations Bridge provide their platform.
Today, ACP has over 3,000 unique users globally and utilizes Operations Bridge to assure 99.99% service availability, improve mean time to repair by 20-25%, and to rapidly analyze root cause with powerful event correlation, service impact views, and anomaly detection.
Click here to get access to Kulvinder Singh’s presentation
Stay tuned for Part 3 of the blog series which will focus on SecOps.
Visit the ITOM Community today and sign up to get updates of all the latest blog content from Micro Focus.
Additional Assets on Hybrid IT
- Webinar: Optimize Hybrid Cloud Environments with OpsBridge and get 3rd Party Metric, Event, Topology, and Log Data into OpsBridge
- Hybrid Cloud - Consideration for Good Discovery
- Micro Focus at AWS Re:Invent 2018
- SIG Talk: IT Operations - Operations Bridge API’s and Hybrid IT Blueprint for Application Portfolio
- Webinar: Getting Hybrid IT and Cloud Right
- 6 Ways To Simplify The Management Of Your Hybrid IT Environment
Read all our news at the OpsBridge blog
Explore all the capabilities of the Operations Bridge and technology integrations by visiting these sites:
- Operations Bridge
- Operations Bridge Manager (formerly OMi)
- Operations Bridge Technology Integrations eBook
To get more information on this release and how customers are using Operations Bridge we are happy to announce the following events