We are excited to announce the availability of Data Protector 10.10 (2018.09), the latest release of the Micro Focus backup and recovery software, our enterprise-grade backup and disaster recovery solution for diverse, distributed enterprises. Built on a scalable and adaptive architecture that combines analytics, automation, and security, Data Protector enables enterprises to meet the most demanding data protection, disaster recovery, and compliance requirements for hybrid IT environments.
Read today’s Press Release to find out more about this announcement.
With this newest release, we introduce two new editions: Data Protector Express, specifically designed for virtual environments, and Data Protector Premium for hybrid environments. Both editions offer integrated reporting through Data Protector’s web-based user interface. With advanced reporting now built-in, in addition to integrated automation and monitoring, Data Protector offers all of the key tools that businesses need to efficiently manage their end-to-end backup environment from a single console. Current Data Protector customers can upgrade to this latest release and additionally can choose to migrate to one of the new editions.
Here are the highlights of this release:
- New Data Protector editions
- Data Protector Express, featuring socket-based pricing, is designed for highly virtual environments and offered at an optimal price. It includes agentless protection for VMware and Hyper-V workloads and advanced VM recovery features such as granular recovery (GRE), Power On, Live Migrate, and zero downtime (ZDB) integration. Reporting and analytics are included in the Express edition.
- Data Protector Premium, featuring capacity-based pricing, is intended for enterprises that need a unified backup and disaster recovery solution for physical, virtual, and hybrid environments. Data Protector Premium includes the full functionality of Data Protector including: software encryption, integrations with IT operations tools such as Micro Focus Business Value Dashboard and Operations Orchestration, and integrations with mission-critical applications, cloud and storage platforms. Advanced reporting and analytics are included in the Premium edition.
- Enterprise readiness features
- Installation and upgrade improvements include an integrated install and upgrade pre-check that validates the prerequisites that need to be met prior to perform an upgrade or fresh install, ensuring successful deployments and upgrades to latest versions.
- Support for Windows NTFS deduplication with incremental backups ensures Windows native deduplication is preserved with backups to provide more efficient space savings.
- Enhanced user experience
- Data Protector’s scheduler has been enhanced to include support for advanced CLI options and the capability to export/import all options in JSON (XML, CSV format), simplifying backup and monitoring of backup processes.
- Backup Navigator 10.10
- Also available today and fully compatible with Data Protector 10.10 is Backup Navigator 10.10, an add-on reporting and analytics solution. Backup Navigator introduces design and usability improvements to its reports.
Contact your Micro Focus Partner or Sales Representative today to find out how to take advantage of this new release.
For more information on Data Protector 10.10 including technical guides, product features and support matrices, please visit the Micro Focus Documentation Portal.
Data Protector 10.10 is available for a free 60-day trial!
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.