We are excited to announce the availability of Data Protector 2019.08, our enterprise-grade backup and disaster recovery solution for diverse, distributed enterprises. Built on a scalable and adaptive architecture that combines analytics, automation, and security, Data Protector enables organizations to meet the most demanding data protection, disaster recovery, and compliance requirements for hybrid IT environments.
Join us for the "What's New in Data Protector" webcast and see a live demo of all the new features!
Date: Thursday, Sept 5, 2019
Time: 8am PT | 10pm CT | 11am ET
Duration: 60 minutes
With this release, we introduce extensive security enhancements, deeper storage infrastructure support, and further platform integrations.
Data Protector integrated reporting with automated problem detection
- Zero Downtime Backup (ZDB) for Dell Unity Storage Systems enables Data Protector to leverage array-based snapshots to quickly and efficient back up filesystems, SQL, VMware, and Oracle hosted on Dell EMC Unity storage systems.
- Enhanced MySQL agent: list and restore individual databases and tables to a MySQL instance providing users flexibility on restore; backup and restore high-availability clusters in MySQL environments.
Orchestration, Monitoring and Reporting
- Advanced Reporting and Analytics: Backup Navigator 10.50 (a companion product to Data Protector) adds support for Data Protector 2019.08 and includes some usability improvements.
- Data Protector System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) Management Pack: New Management Pack agent provides integration with Microsoft System Center to view Data Protector related information. It continuously monitors the health and state of Data Protector components in the same domain or cross domain and detects issues that impact backup and recovery operations.
Enterprise Readiness and Security
- Secure backup and restore: Improved security as a result of white hat penetration testing including handling storage credentials securely and consistently, OpenJDK update to benefit from the latest Java fixes, IDB recovery restriction to Data Protector administrators only, OpenSSL security enhanced to include additional cryptographic modes and more.
Contact your Micro Focus Partner or Sales Representative today to find out how to take advantage of this new release, or try it with the free 90-day trial!
For more information on Data Protector 2019.08, including technical guides, product features and support matrices, please visit the Micro Focus Practitioners Portal.
And don't forget to register for the "What's New in Data Protector" webcast!
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.