The Micro Focus Operations Bridge team is proud to announce that the new Operations Bridge (OpsBridge) 2017.11 is now available for download.
Micro Focus Operations Bridge Suite is a solution for Autonomous Operations and consolidated IT event, performance and analytics management. Operations Bridge can:
- Sense the state of IT's environment
- Analyze the data it consolidates, from its own tools and many others, to find operational problems or changing resource demands
- Adapt the environment dynamically to resolve issues and address changing business demands at optimal cost
- Visualize in a way that makes sense to business owners and executives as well as IT operators and executives
Read the technical announcement blog post for more details. Here’s what’s new:
Enterprise Ready Containerized Delivery
You’re expected to be up and operational 24x7. Operations Bridge Premium edition now includes high availability for container versions deployments. We now stay up 24x7 to monitor your environment and applications.
Containerization also means faster, easier deployments. Much of the setup work is done, simply load the container put in a few environmental variables and run.
- One of the issues of monitoring cloud is that vendors rarely provide real-time metrics. New in this release is a light weight (10x smaller) agent with real-time streaming. Now you will know what’s happening in your cloud as soon as it happens. It installs in less than five minutes—saving time for other tasks.
- Are you using AWS RDS, ECS auto-scaling services or Azure SQL service or plan to use Microsoft private cloud with Azure stack? We have you covered with updates and new management packs so that more of your environment now has customized monitoring
- Kubernetes is the de facto open source standard for automating containers and, we use it for our container deployments. Now we monitor Kubernetes operations so if something is amiss you’ll be alerted. The faster you know the faster you can fix it, hence improved uptime.
- Our customers have told us that our SAP monitoring is the richest they have seen. HANA is the SAP high-performance solution, and for most companies it is a mission-critical application. The SAP management pack has been updated to monitor log files, discover and monitor SAP workloads and integrate bi-directionally with Solution Manager in an HA configuration. By streaming log data to Operations Bridge Analytics, we can harness the power of predictive analytics, so you find anomalies before they become major problems.
- End User Management with Business Process Monitor (BPM) and SiteScope are part of the OpsBridge family. So, you’re able to monitor applications as the user experiences them from your facilities or our points of presence across the world.
- Business Value Dashboard gains data access and analytics capabilities by its new ability to execute SQL queries on Vertica. These SQL queries include things like min, max, average, standard deviation and more. More on this in the visualize section.
- Improved performance on Operations Bridge Analytics (OBA) queries from minutes to seconds. Now it’s analyzing capabilities are faster meaning you can find problems faster, so you can fix them faster.
- ~2x improvement in OBA event/log ingestion
- DevOps cooperation is now widely used at many of our customers and ChatOps provides users with fast collaboration in a DevOps environment. MS Teams, a relative new comer to ChatOps has been added to our support of Slack and Mattermost. If MS Teams is your tool-of-choice, we help you solve problems faster by allowing you to ‘chat’ with OpsBridge in session and record results to speed resolution when the same problem happens again. This results in faster fixes and improved uptime.
- Our report bot, the core of our ChatOps capability, has been extended with in-session performance data, we can provide more data for a faster resolution.
- Business Value Dashboard is a tool for building dashboards that brings together many types of data such as: business and IT data, and external streams like video monitoring. It can now execute SQL queries on Vertica, facilitating a light weight solution for simple and easy reporting solution for business and IT data with data processing before data is shown.
- The value of High Availability, 24x7 uptime, is now extended to the containerized version of the dashboard.
- Graphics your way - the dashboard now supports customized D3 graphics library additions.
- As organizations depend more on Hybrid IT, cloud costs are becoming something to focus on to improve business efficiency. OpsBridge now shows cloud costs and how to optimize them.
To get more information on this release and how customers are using Operations Bridge we are happy to announce the following events
Explore all the capabilities of the Operations Bridge Suite and technology integrations by visiting these sites:
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.