Every quarter a new release
If you are a Micro Focus customer or if you are following news about Micro Focus software, then you know that each August Micro Focus releases a new quarterly version of Service Management Automation (SMA). For a couple of years now, the ITOM Platform and Container Deployment Foundation enable Micro Focus to continuously deliver software with new and improved capabilities. You can decide whether to upgrade each quarter or skip some of the releases.
SMA 2018.08 released
On August 24, 2018, we released SMA-SM 2018.08, which includes new Service Manager 9.61, and SMAX 2018.08. Want to see SMAX in action? Register for the webinar, “Deliver a More Engaging IT Service Management User Experience with Service Management Automation X.” This webinar is happening on September 18, 2018 at 8:00 am PT (10:00 am CT // 11:00 am ET // 16:00 CET). Michael Pott and Neville Ward are preparing an entertaining demo you do not want to miss!
FUSION18, the real service management event, is ahead
This year, we are once again sponsoring the FUSION18 conference, which will take place September 30 to October 3, 2018 at the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch in St. Louis, Missouri. If you plan to attend this conference, make sure to visit Micro Focus at booth 405 and experience firsthand the latest SMA and CMS releases. On Tuesday, October 2, I’ll be speaking at 7:30am about Smart Service Desk Turning Leading Technologies into IT Mainstream. I look forward to meeting you there!
Now back to the recent release... Below is a summary of new capabilities from the 2018.08 release, along with the brief SMA solution suites’ descriptions.
Service Management Automation Service Manager (SMA SM) is Micro Focus' proven and enterprise-scale IT and Enterprise Service Management and IT Asset Management solution. It provides an engaging and modern user experience for interacting with IT and other service desks via mobile devices, intelligent chat bots, smart email, or through an easy to use web based self-service portal, and out of the box integration with market leading Universal CMDB and Discovery.
SMA SM 2018.08 is generally available since August 24 and brings enhancements in various areas:
Service Manager 9.61:
- Added open localization for SMA SP
- Offerings in shopping cart can be duplicated
- Enhanced Hot Topic Analytics with improved visualization, topic clustering algorithm and removed data volume limitation
- Copy and paste change and request task plans
- Support for Mandanten in smart ticket feature
- Support for Microsoft Edge and PostgressSQL 9.6
- Increased usability through new representation for map items
- Enhanced performance with up to 500 concurrent users and reports on millions of CIs
- REST API enhancements
- New discovery attributes and SAP discovery via SAP Focused Run (FRUN) solution
Service Management Automation X (SMAX) is the first software solution for IT and Enterprise Service Management and IT Asset Management, which has been built from the ground up to include machine learning and analytics. It can be deployed on premise or in the cloud, and moved from one to the other as business conditions change. It provides an engaging and modern user experience for interacting with IT and other service desks via mobile devices, intelligent chat bots, smart email, or through an easy to use web based self-service portal, and out of the box integration with market leading Universal CMDB and Discovery.
Micro Focus Service Management Automation 2018.08 was also released on August 24 and comes with improvements in following areas:
Ease of operations and enterprise readiness
- Easy installation and configuration
- In-place update allows to move SMAX Suite to the latest version seamlessly
- All service requests submitted can be shown, filtered, and tracked by company
- Improved search relevancy for phrase searches
Extended public cloud support
- Enterprise readiness for Azure public cloud
- Improved high availability of multi-master deployments on Azure by using Azure internal load balancer
- Upgrade and migration support for AWS customers to move to latest SMAX release
- Upgrade and disaster recovery guidelines and scripts for SMAX deployment on AWS
In this century IT, it’s all about speed. We are delivering you the software and information faster so you can get at the speed of DevOps and agile.
This Fall promises to be amazing with webinars and conferences that Micro Focus is preparing for you.
- Register for our webinar, Deliver a More Engaging IT Service Management User Experience with Service Management Automation X, is on September 18, 2018 at 8:00 am PT ( 10:00 am CT // 11:00 am ET // 16:00 CET).
- Attend the FUSION18 conference, September 30-October 3, 2018 in St. Louis, Missouri, and visit us at booth 405. On Tuesday, October 2, attend the morning session at 7:30am ET, “Smart Service Desk Turning Leading Technologies into IT Mainstream.”
- Be on the lookout for our next webinar about Machine learning in ITSM on September 25, organized by HDI. Stay tuned for further details.
Keep up-to-date by following us on social!
Service Management Automation