Where do you live? Unless you live in Vienna, you are missing out on the best city to live in (for the 9th year running)! And if you don’t live in Vienna, it’s time you visit—whether it’s your first time, or if you’re simply a returning admirer. This gorgeous capital of Austria regularly ranks as a top international meeting destination.
With that in mind, it’s no wonder that we have selected Vienna for hosting our 2nd Micro Focus Universe. This year it takes place from 26-28 March, with Customer Advisory Boards (CABs) on 25 March. If you haven’t done so already, please hurry up and register now.
After this executive-led session we will break out into five customer forums:
The ITOM Forum is hosted by Gopal Ramachandra, ITOM EMEA Leader. In his track keynote on Tuesday afternoon, he will offer you an insider’s view into the Micro Focus ITOM roadmap and strategy, as well as share key industry trends—arming you with information and proof points which can help you gain the agility, efficiency and innovation needed for successful Hybrid IT management.
On Wednesday, we organized and prepared 27 customer speakers to share with you their stories and journeys about implementations and best practices. This will help you avoid pitfalls in your projects, so you can move quickly with quality and security. You will enjoy informative business case stories and get ideas to take back to your office.
As usual, Thursday is reserved for product management-led Roadmaps and “What’s New” sessions. Most ITOM hands-on workshops will take place on Thursday (except the SMA workshop, which is planned on Tuesday at 10:30-11:30).
If you are attending primarily for the ITOM customer Forum SMA track, here is the list of customer speakers and what you can expect in some of their sessions.
- Multichoice, South Africa. Martin Moralo, a Head of BSM department, will speak about how his team influenced and changed a US$ 4billion organization that operates across 50 countries, in six months. You will learn how they deployed SMAX across multiple companies and business units, enterprise wide, facilitated transition and transformation of their organization with little to no impact on our operations. You will hear the story of how SMAX helped to rationalize four ITSM tools, save 60% of operational costs and deliver innovation.
- Achmea, The Netherlands. Edward Groen, a team manager for Request-to-Fulfill and CMS, will talk about the Achmea’s path from Service Manager to SMAX. His team implemented SMAX on premise in a rather short time period and went live end of 2018 with 600 concurrent users and introduced it to the entire organization. You will hear why they selected SMAX, their strategic and operational considerations and what were the success factors. Edward will share with you the project “numbers” such as project costs and yearly benefits.
- Vivacom, Bulgaria. Nedyalko Dimitrov and Nikolay Gavrilov will talk why they decided to replace multiple ITSM tools with SMAX and how SMAX supports the Vivacom’s digital transformation agenda. You will hear what use cases are supported in IT and Telecom Operations division and how they streamlined the incident and problem management and request fulfillment while still using CMS.
- Ben Watt from The James Hutton Institute (JHI), and Daniel Capaleiro from Allied Motion, will talk about their migration from Service Anywhere (SAW) to SMAX. At JHI they use SMAX for IT and non-IT use cases and it helps them deliver the high quality and innovative science that the Institute work does. Allied Motions uses SMAX to provide support to five industry units across Europe, and Daniel will reveal which positive benefits they have realized since October 2018.
- The largest water supply and wastewater disposal company in Germany. This customer used Service Manager and in last months replaced it with SMAX. You will hear why SMAX was the only solution that provided Amazon-like experience, how this customer standardized processes and harmonized the data model, and why following out-of-the-box practices helped them finish the implementation project in a record time.
- Societe Generale, France. Eric Weinstock, a head of service integration and management, will continue his story which he started last year in Monaco. You will hear the update what Societe Generale has achieved with SMAX over the last 12 months, the users’ feedback and IT progress, how they use Studio and the plans for the next steps.
- IT.NRW from Germany and Erste Sporitelna from Czechia will speak in two separate sessions about CMS and Operations Bridge.
I hope this will help you to come prepared with questions and better decide with whom you want to meet and chat with on the exhibition floor, meeting center or at the Wednesday-evening party.
This year’s Micro Focus Universe is bigger and better than last year with a full lineup of practical, thought-provoking, interactive sessions, geared towards putting you at the cutting-edge of service management, discovery and CMDB. Connect and network with your industry peers, experts, learn and discuss, and experience hands-on workshops and demonstrations of latest technologies and capabilities that will help your business and your career reach your goals.
Last but not the least, on Tuesday evening you will receive a dinner voucher that can be redeemed at a variety of restaurants throughout lovely Vienna. On Wednesday evening, we all will join the ITOM Customer Forum Dinner.
Don’t waste any time and register now!
See you in Vienna,
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.