We’re excited to announce the availability of Micro Focus Operations Bridge 2019.08. This release includes a bunch of enterprise readiness and stability updates, as well as functional enhancements and improvements to the existing features.
This is a 5-part blog, where the functionality included in this release is mapped to different Operations Bridge features. This part talks about what’s new in Operations Bridge 2019.08 - Consolidate Data/Reduce Noise along with Automate AIOps/Robotize Remediation. The other parts are listed below:
- What’s new in Operations Bridge 2019.08 – Release Overview
- What’s new in Operations Bridge 2019.08 - Automate Hybrid IT Discovery and Monitoring
- What’s new in Operations Bridge 2019.08 - Customize Dashboards and Reporting
- What’s new in Operations Bridge 2019.08 - Analyze Application Health
Consolidate Data and Reduce Noise
With this Operations Bridge feature, event and performance management is consolidated to a single pane of glass. Integrations with 200+ existing tools and technologies, such as Microsoft SCOM, Oracle Enterprise Manager, SAP Solution Manager, and AppDynamics means no rip and replace of existing tools. Topology-based and stream-based event correlation along with AIOps-based anomaly detection reduce the noise your operators deal with, resulting in up to a 90% reduction in events.
SiteScope and BPM data forwarding to COSO Data Lake is enhanced for faster time to analysis with improved throughput of metrics. See below for changes in each of these areas.
SiteScope-COSO Data Lake Integration Enhancements
The following enhancement is done for SiteScope data streaming to COSO Data Lake:
- SiteScope now uses ‘Generic Output from REST Web Service’ policy instead of ‘Generic output from XML’ policy to forward SIS_MON_DATA data to COSO Data Lake. This approach is called the pass-through approach where the JSON is not stored on the agent but rather directly pushed to the COSO Data Lake. SiteScope used this JSON pass through approach for system metrics in 2019.05 (11.80) release. Generic XML approach for SIS_MON_DATA table has been replaced with Generic Output from REST Web Service approach in 2019.08 release.
- New SiteScope streaming OOTB aspect available to support pass-through approach. See the screenshot below.
- This approach is faster in streaming Sitescope data to COSO Data Lake thus increasing the throughput of metrics.
BPM-COSO Data Lake Integration Enhancements
BPM forwards the data to COSO Data Lake. The configuration steps are available in the documentation portal. You can forward BPM data by,
Configuring BPM Aspect to push data to COSO Data Lake via Operations Agent
This method was available in the previous release of BPM. In this case, BPM used the xml based ‘Generic output from XML’ policy to push data to COSO Data Lake, this option is still available in 2019.08. Data XMLs were sent from BPM to Operations Agent and from Operations Agent to COSO Data Lake. In this approach, custom instrumentation was provided to handle the XML purging. The Data receiver URL configuration can be done in BPM UI, see the screenshot below.
Automate AIOps and Robotize Remediation
This Operations Bridge feature is based on 50+ patents for fast, high-volume data analysis, you’ll find anomalies before they impact the business. Automated streaming, log, wire, metric, text and event data analysis, plus pattern and anomaly detection, provides proactive alerts. Isolating root cause is accelerated with machine learning and Smart Search. Once the problem is detected Chatbots and over 8000 runbooks accelerate and robotize automation of tasks for remedial actions and recovery procedures.
Event Analytics Enhancements
Event Analytics is enhanced to secure connections between Event Analytics and external OBM using Client Authentication Certificates (CAC), and Event Analytics integration with non-containerized OBM servers which is not TLS configured.
The following are the new options in the datasource-registry CLI. These two fields can now be specified on the receiver:
- -L, --receiver-client-cert-file string Path to the file with the client certificate
- -K, --receiver-client-key-file string Path to the file with the client certificate key
Specifying these options enables sending grouping events to a client certificate-enabled external OBM. If the certificate is defined, the basic authentication will no longer be used (even if username/password is also specified).
You can refer to this topic for more information on non-containerized OBM Event Integration.
Support for Vertica 9.2.0 in Operations Bridge Analytics (OBA) IP2 (available from SSO). Security and stability fixes are available in OBA3.04 IP2 with security and quality fixes. OBA XQL graphing function is enhanced to allow multiple independent filters for line graphs and other panes, such as for example graphing ‘TopN within Topology Service’ (QCCR8D97543, released in OBA 3.04 IP2). For more information see SSO.
Please keep in mind that the following Operations Bridge functionality are marked with “Limited Availability“ at the time of the release:
- Expanding COSO Reporting (New Reporting in Operation Bridge)
- Enhancing AIOps (Event Analytics)
So what exactly does this mean? “Limited Availability” implies that these capabilities are pending further performance and scalability tests, as well as corresponding recommendations and validation in customer environments and further functional enhancements. Therefore, Micro Focus recommends to start using these capabilities in non-production environments. Micro Focus is also recruiting customers who want to explore those features by participating in our Customer Validation program. The benefits will include direct contact with the R&D lab and the opportunity to take part in shaping the future of our products. Don’t miss this exciting opportunity and contact Operations Bridge Product Management for further information today! Start by getting in touch with your local Micro Focus Sales representative who will put you into contact with the proper Product Manager.
We encourage you to try out our new features and enhancements! For further information on our offerings, visit the Operations Bridge product page, explore our documentation resources and check out our videos and blogs.
If you have feedback or suggestions, don’t hesitate to comment on this article.
Explore full capabilities of Operations Bridge by taking a look at our Operations Bridge Manager, Operations Bridge Analytics, Operation Bridge Content, Operations Connector (OpsCx), Business Value Dashboard (BVD) and Operations Orchestration (OO) documentation!
To get more information on this release and how customers are using Operations Bridge, we are happy to announce the following events:
- Live Webinar – What’s new in Operations Bridge 2019.08 - 26 Sep 19 – Register now
- Webinar replay – The AIOps Story: Bringing It All Together with Micro Focus Operations Bridge – Register Now
- Webinar replay - Automated Monitoring Develops Golden Data, Automated AIOps OpsBridge Makes Shine
- Webinar replay - Integrated Application Health & Business Impact Analysis with Operations Bridge
- Webinar replay –How Garanti Bank Delivers an Excellent End User Experience with Operations Bridge
- Webinar replay – Hybrid IT is the new normal
- See all the Micro Focus events Worldwide
Read all our news at the Operations Bridge blog.
Explore all the capabilities of the Operations Bridge and technology integrations by visiting these sites: