Guest post by Julita Kussmaul, Data Protector Product Marketing, and Sheetal Kochavara, Data Protector Product Manager
We are proud to announce the latest update to our flagship enterprise data protection software, Micro Focus Data Protector, the core component of our Adaptive Backup and Recovery suite. The new version is available to all customers to download today from the Micro Focus support site. The following section highlights key features in this release:
1. Operational and performance improvements to the Data Protector Consolidated Scheduler. In Data Protector 10.00 we introduced the new web-based user interface which included a new ‘Dashboard’, providing user insight into various elements and facets of their Cell Manager such as data usage by type and client; telemetry controls; and the consolidated scheduler. In this release the consolidated scheduler is enhanced with a new daily/monthly schedule overview which has filtering and searching capabilities giving users a greater control to manage their environments. The scheduler is also optimized for faster performance, reducing the rendering time for schedules and enabling faster and easier scheduling operations for simplified management.
2. Storage integrations with third-party storage systems. Data Protector 10.01 customers with heterogeneous environments will benefit from easier integrations with these storage systems, simplifying management and reducing costs:
- EMC DDboost 3.4 and DDos 6.1 Library
- NetApp Cluster Mode - ZDB for VMware, Oracle, SQL
- Support for ZDB/IR with HPE XP P9500 Storage with RHEL 7
3. Performance enhancements for customers using IBM AIX and Linux OS. Data Protector 10.01 supports direct I/O on IBM AIX and Linux Operating Systems by aligning disk blocks with I/O vs going through file system (cache) and therefore reducing overhead.
4. Platform and application support. Data Protector 10.01 adds several platforms and applications, expanding a large and comprehensive interoperability matrix and simplifying integration with Data Protector:
- Microsoft SharePoint 2013 GRE support with SQL Availability Groups (AlwaysOn)
- VMware 6.0 U3, VMware 6.5 U1 with VMFS 6 support / VDDK 6.5 U1 Upgrade /
- Oracle 12c SYSBACKUP compatibility
- Network multi-homing support
Data Protector 10.00, released in June, was the first major release in the past three years, marking a significant moment in the Data Protector history with the introduction of the first phase of the new web user interface and improvements to the underlying security model. Data Protector 10.01 adds new features in the area of User Interface and Storage and Platform Integrations. For more information on these features, check out the Data Protector Quick Specs and the Product Release Notes. Please also check out our product pages at: