Yesterday we had one of our regular Customer Advisory Board meetings. It was an all-day meeting where we hear from our customers what their needs are and have them help set the direction of our products. As you might guess I was in the Operations Bridge (OpsBridge) meeting.
One customer who was at a previous CAB changed from “no security on our radar” at a previous CAB to “we are now being asked to manage security alerts” at this CAB. So things are changing #SecOps is starting to grow.
DevOps is now impacting most of the members.
Monitoring as Code (MaC) is a relatively new concept. It comes out of the DevOps. The use case: how does Ops let Dev define the monitoring Dev wants? Our first customer doing this had Dev come to Ops and say will you support our tools? Dev wants this because they don’t want to have to do 24x7 support of tools. Monitoring as code is a way for Dev to provide what they want monitored to the tools Ops is already using. So it seems like a relatively new topic.
Integrations (OpsBridge has 200+ integrations) are key for those in the room.
It is more important for us to provide data accessibility for members to use their existing reporting tools than it is for us to provide high end reporting tools.
Those are some of the highlights from the meeting.
To get more information on this release and how customers are using Operations Bridge, we are happy to announce the following events:
- Micro Focus Universe – 26-28 March, Austria Center Vienna - Register Now
- Webinar replay – How Garanti Bank Delivers an Excellent End User Experience with Operations Bridge
- Webinar replay – Hybrid IT is the new normal
- Webinar replay – Solving the complexity of Hybrid Cloud monitoring
- Webinar replay – 6 Ways to Simplify the Management of Your Multi-Cloud Environment
- See all the Micro Focus events Worldwide
Read all our news at the Operations Bridge blog.
Explore all the capabilities of the Operations Bridge and technology integrations by visiting these sites:
- Operations Bridge
- Operations Bridge Manager
- Operations Bridge Technology Integrations eBook
- Operations Bridge Integrations page
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.